BOTH Does a second pass of Uworld help?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

genessis42

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So yes, my main question is, should I do Uworld's incorrects again after finishing the entire bank? Or should I just start the Truelearn banks?

I felt like the Truelearn Combank had too many simple 1st-order type questions. I'm also worried that a 2nd Uworld pass might have me remembering some question stems, although there are like thousands of questions.

Members don't see this ad.

So yes, my main question is, should I do Uworld's incorrects again after finishing the entire bank? Or should I just start the Truelearn banks?

I felt like the Truelearn Combank had too many simple 1st-order type questions. I'm also worried that a 2nd Uworld pass might have me remembering some question stems, although there are like thousands of questions.

1.) A second pass of UWorld can be very helpful. I specifically advise against doing incorrects as we tend to perseverate on incorrects (naturally) on the initial pass. You want a good mix of questions you got right, got wrong, and there will be a few new questions in the bank compared to the time you previously worked on the bank.

2.) I am in the DO world, but alternative UW banks can be helpful. USMLE Rx and Kaplan come to mind for USMLE. They provide novel questions and while they may not replicate the exam material as well as UW, they can reinforce learning points which are usually directly linked to First Aid of Kaplan notes. In general, the more you do of something, the better you get at it.