Does a transcript with only some Spring grades in look weird?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BowlOfAppleJacks

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I submitted my transcript to AMCAS the day after it opened, but due to timing at that time only one of my five classes had published grades (a B+) and the other 4 didn't and say something like "Still in progress." The rest of the grades are guaranteed to not help me, in fact they might hurt me if there's another B in there, considering that my GPA was already pretty high (3.95+). But there's a part in me saying it's a red flag if I don't re-submit my transcript with the other 4 classes grades out once they are out in a few days, as it might look weird on the app. I think I'm in a dilemma where ideally it'd be better to have either none or all of the Spring grades. How do you think this might look from a committee reviewing my app?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
@LizzyM @Goro and @gonnif If you wouldn't mind responding to this with your valued opinions. The rest of my grades would probably come out in 10+ days at which point I could nonetheless pay again to have the transcript resent.

To be upfront, I guess these are my worries with some context. Freshman/Sophomore year I completed all my premed classes with As, Junior year up to Senior Fall I took hard, non-premed BCPM courses to explore and still got As. Finally, this Senior Spring, a mix of taking difficult classes again and the unfortunate fact that one class is an unusual (but interesting) grad class where grading is not even clarified, I could come to find my transcript with another B on top of the B+ I already have. That could yield me a GPA like ~3.4, for a senior year GPA of 3.70 (I got a 3.95 gpa in the Fall).

From a standpoint of valuing education, I didn't do anything wrong but keep experimenting with classes until I finally did meh in some of them my last sem, so I see nothing wrong with sending in the rest of my grades. This makes me feel like I might as well just send in the rest of my transcript to not raise any eyebrows of just having one grade showing (I heard it might seem weird perusing some posts).

From a standpoint of SDN's advice on downward trends, though, going from a freshman-junior GPA of 3.95-4.00 to a 3.70 is kind of unusual, and might raise even more eyebrows about me? This is all hypothetical, as the rest of my classes haven't even come out, but I am trying to plan how much more I should look into this. I guess in the end everything matters somewhat, but I would still like to choose the best route among options.

Last edited:
@LizzyM @Goro and @gonnif If you wouldn't mind responding to this with your valued opinions. The rest of my grades would probably come out in 10+ days at which point I could nonetheless pay again to have the transcript resent.

To be upfront, I guess these are my worries with some context. Freshman/sophomore year I completed all my premed classes with As, junior year up to senior fall I started taking hard, non-premed BCPM courses to explore and still got As. Finally, this senior spring, a mix of taking difficult classes again and the unfortunate fact that one class is an unusual (but interesting) grad class where grading is not even clarified, I could come to find my transcript with another B on top of the B+ I already have. That could yield me a GPA like ~3.4, for a senior year GPA of 3.70 (I got a 3.95 gpa in the Fall). From a standpoint of valuing education, I didn't do anything wrong but kept experimenting with classes and finally doing meh in some of them my last sem, so I see nothing wrong with sending in the rest of my grades. This makes me feel like I might as well just send in the rest of my transcript to not raise any eyebrows of just having one grade showing. From a standpoint of SDN's advice on downward trends, going from a freshman-junior GPA of 3.95-4.00 to a 3.70 is kind of unusual, and might raise even more eyebrows about me? This is all hypothetical, as the rest of my classes haven't even come out, but I am trying to plan how much more I should look into this. I guess in the end everything matters somewhat, but I would still like to choose the best route among options.
Worrying about a 4.0 going to a 3.7 is the case definition of SDN neurosis.

Take two of these:
1683243279846.png

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
How do you think this might look from a committee reviewing my app?
The proportion of adcoms that will seriously care, expressed as a percent and rounded to a whole number, is zero.

Submit the updated grades if you want or don't.

My advice, save your money and just leave it.

Reactions: 1 users
Worrying about a 4.0 going to a 3.7 is the case definition of SDN neurosis.

Take two of these:
View attachment 370730
I @'ed you with the hope you might send the pills. Thanks Goro. I was particularly worried about the 1 grade in thing hearing someone say it seems like I'm hiding something intentionally. I responded saying I thought it might be a bit neurotic but you know sometimes this process can get to you when you start thinking too hard about things (for reference, I hadn't opened a premed forum much in 2 years altho i remembered u were always super knowledgable!). Going to focus on things that matter now.
The proportion of adcoms that will seriously care, expressed as a percent and rounded to a whole number, is zero.

Submit the updated grades if you want or don't.

My advice, save your money and just leave it.
Thanks for the concrete advice Just D.O. it. Glad I can just not re-submit it. $10 is a full chipotle bowl.
Nobody cares
Laconicism appreciated.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
If your GPA was 3.6-something, I'd think that you were hiding something but when it is >3.93, there is an expectation that you have nothing to hide.

Reactions: 1 users