SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Does AADSAS actually look at every grade?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by the dentist, May 16, 2007.

1. the dentist

the dentist 2+ Year Member

Apr 25, 2007
    what i mean is if I leave out a grade on one of my transcripts ( a bad grade ), would they find out. I retook and did much better, so what if I enter ONLY the repeated course??

i mean they can't actually look at everyone's, every single grade, can they? i mean they can't do alot of things they say they will, let alone verifying a single grade....thoughts?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. jeninny44

jeninny44 2+ Year Member

May 4, 2007
    They absolutely do. I did a typo for credit hours for 1 class by mistake (using the numeric keypay) and it got corrected from a "5" to a "4". Plus, they put the correction in a new column, showing your mistake and error for the dental schools. Obviously that would show if you're the type to make a lot of careless errors or omit something.

Don't do it. You will get caught and it will make you look very, very bad.

4. apaul

apaul Some Dude 7+ Year Member

Mar 1, 2006
    i agree, leaving out a class on purpose would be a dishonest thing to do and you would get caught. why do you think they take forever and a day to process your application?

5. xtractime

xtractime 5+ Year Member

Feb 23, 2007
    LA
    x2!!

haha. well as a dentist you have to make ethical decisions, is this how you will act as a dentist? just something for thought.

6. xdianaax

xdianaax In memory of Riley Jane Moderator Emeritus 7+ Year Member

Sep 12, 2006
    You should want to put it anyways! If you re-took it and did well that shows improvement! Dental schools like to see that.

7. sonylarkhi

sonylarkhi 2+ Year Member

Dec 22, 2006
    They're definitely good at what they do....(checking grades at least)....every little detail will be rectified..trust me

8. diane07

diane07 2+ Year Member

Jan 9, 2007
    I would advise against trying to "get away" with stuff. Why take the risk? Honesty does have advantages (ie - conscience, not getting caught, ethics, ect)

9. the dentist

the dentist 2+ Year Member

Apr 25, 2007
    ok well i will put in all my grades. taking no chances. especially when i retook it and did better....but its just bringing down my gpa so much :(

another question...if you put biology or chemistry as the course subject and youre not sure if its "other science", does aadsas change that for you like a wrong grade?

thanks for the input! :thumbup:

10. sonylarkhi

sonylarkhi 2+ Year Member

Dec 22, 2006

Absolutely....they have eagle eyes....they definitely change science and non science categories

11. Sbosu

Sbosu Member 10+ Year Member

Oct 13, 2006
    this may be one of the most ridiculous title and question for a thread that i have every seen

12. jigabodo

jigabodo Dentist 10+ Year Member

Mar 12, 2006
    Louisville, KY
    I understand how much an F can hurt. Just one single F in a 3 unit class is good enough to bring down my overall GPA from 3.30 to 3.23.

However, there are couple alternatives, assuming if you are a 3rd year and dont mind applying next year.

1. Take more units. The more units you take, the less would that retake weigh into your GPA because you would have more units.

2. Start geting A+. A+ counts as 4.333 on AADSAS. It is very difficult to get A+, but after working my butt off and getting 25 units of A+, I somehow erased that deficit...

Good luck!

13. xdianaax

xdianaax In memory of Riley Jane Moderator Emeritus 7+ Year Member

Sep 12, 2006
    not all schools have A+'s though.

14. jigabodo

jigabodo Dentist 10+ Year Member

Mar 12, 2006
    Louisville, KY
    ...and that is also true.