Does AADSAS actually look at every grade?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

the dentist

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
what i mean is if I leave out a grade on one of my transcripts ( a bad grade ), would they find out. I retook and did much better, so what if I enter ONLY the repeated course??

i mean they can't actually look at everyone's, every single grade, can they? i mean they can't do alot of things they say they will, let alone verifying a single grade....thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

what i mean is if I leave out a grade on one of my transcripts ( a bad grade ), would they find out. I retook and did much better, so what if I enter ONLY the repeated course??

i mean they can't actually look at everyone's, every single grade, can they? i mean they can't do alot of things they say they will, let alone verifying a single grade....thoughts?

They absolutely do. I did a typo for credit hours for 1 class by mistake (using the numeric keypay) and it got corrected from a "5" to a "4". Plus, they put the correction in a new column, showing your mistake and error for the dental schools. Obviously that would show if you're the type to make a lot of careless errors or omit something.

Don't do it. You will get caught and it will make you look very, very bad.

i agree, leaving out a class on purpose would be a dishonest thing to do and you would get caught. why do you think they take forever and a day to process your application?

Members don't see this ad :)
Go ahead and leave it out! I am sure there are a few people here who would appreciate one less person competing against them for a slot into a school.:D

x2!!

haha. well as a dentist you have to make ethical decisions, is this how you will act as a dentist? just something for thought.

You should want to put it anyways! If you re-took it and did well that shows improvement! Dental schools like to see that.

They're definitely good at what they do....(checking grades at least)....every little detail will be rectified..trust me

I would advise against trying to "get away" with stuff. Why take the risk? Honesty does have advantages (ie - conscience, not getting caught, ethics, ect)

ok well i will put in all my grades. taking no chances. especially when i retook it and did better....but its just bringing down my gpa so much :(

another question...if you put biology or chemistry as the course subject and youre not sure if its "other science", does aadsas change that for you like a wrong grade?

thanks for the input! :thumbup:

another question...if you put biology or chemistry as the course subject and youre not sure if its "other science", does aadsas change that for you like a wrong grade?

thanks for the input! :thumbup:

Absolutely....they have eagle eyes....they definitely change science and non science categories

I understand how much an F can hurt. Just one single F in a 3 unit class is good enough to bring down my overall GPA from 3.30 to 3.23.

However, there are couple alternatives, assuming if you are a 3rd year and dont mind applying next year.

1. Take more units. The more units you take, the less would that retake weigh into your GPA because you would have more units.

2. Start geting A+. A+ counts as 4.333 on AADSAS. It is very difficult to get A+, but after working my butt off and getting 25 units of A+, I somehow erased that deficit...

Good luck!