Does AADSAS really take interfolio?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

spider367

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My professor submitted my LOR to interfolio about a month ago and I sent it to AADSAS about 2 weeks ago through interfolio. They (interfolio) confirmed that it had been received by "AADSAS Interfolio account" Now, I still waiting on one more professor to submit his LOR to interfolio but am feeling like I really need to get my AADSAS submited asap. If I do submit my AADSAS, will they wait to mail it off until both LORS are received directly from interfolio or will they mail it off as is and then send the LOR separately?

Members don't see this ad.

I should also point out that my AADSAS still says the LOR that has been submitted via interfolio is "New", not "Completed"

Members don't see this ad :)
My professor submitted my LOR to interfolio about a month ago and I sent it to AADSAS about 2 weeks ago through interfolio. They (interfolio) confirmed that it had been received by "AADSAS Interfolio account" Now, I still waiting on one more professor to submit his LOR to interfolio but am feeling like I really need to get my AADSAS submited asap. If I do submit my AADSAS, will they wait to mail it off until both LORS are received directly from interfolio or will they mail it off as is and then send the LOR separately?

As long as your application will be complete when eevrything is in. AADSAS might mail your application but it wont be complete and ready for review till schools get your last LOR?

ps. did your profs have to sign up for an account on Interfolio too ?

As long as your application will be complete when eevrything is in. AADSAS might mail your application but it wont be complete and ready for review till schools get your last LOR?

ps. did your profs have to sign up for an account on Interfolio too ?

They did have to make a writers account, which is pretty annoying for them but whatever.

They did have to make a writers account, which is pretty annoying for them but whatever.

i used it and all my letters for to aadsas on time.

They do.
I received contradicting instructions from AADSAS and Interfolio.
AADSAS told me that they would NOT take Interfolio because I said I was going to send the LOE's in paper. On the other hand, Interfolio wanted me to print the matching form and upload it to Interfolio and they will send the letters and the matching forms to AADSAS electronically. SO I panicked and went into stalker mode. The customer service rep from Interfolio was really nice and told me to just wait for it to be processed.
Turns out, AADSAS does take the LOE's sent through Interfolio.
Hope this helps.

They do.
I received contradicting instructions from AADSAS and Interfolio.
AADSAS told me that they would NOT take Interfolio because I said I was going to send the LOE's in paper. On the other hand, Interfolio wanted me to print the matching form and upload it to Interfolio and they will send the letters and the matching forms to AADSAS electronically. SO I panicked and went into stalker mode. The customer service rep from Interfolio was really nice and told me to just wait for it to be processed.
Turns out, AADSAS does take the LOE's sent through Interfolio.
Hope this helps.

Yeah, I found the process with Interfolio to be a bit more confusing than it really had to be. But at the end of the day, it was still helpful and worked out as you're describing.

So I had my LOR with matching form sent out July 28th and it still has not posted to AADSAS. Do I need to make a phone call to see wtf is happening or is that time frame about what you guys experienced? Thanks.

So I had my LOR with matching form sent out July 28th and it still has not posted to AADSAS. Do I need to make a phone call to see wtf is happening or is that time frame about what you guys experienced? Thanks.

Let me also point out that I have still not submitted and paid my AADSAS so I'm wondering if that is holding it up somehow....

Let me also point out that I have still not submitted and paid my AADSAS so I'm wondering if that is holding it up somehow....

you dont need to submit, it takes a while for them to process it. give it another week before you panic.

So I contacted interfolio today since a letter mailed out from them on 7/27/11 still has not posted to my AADSAS app. They told me that it appears my LOR is not signed and this could be preventing AADSAS from posting it to my account and I should contact AADSAS to check. Has anyone else heard of this? How is a professor supposed to sign the LOR if he uploads it directly from word or pdf?

So I contacted interfolio today since a letter mailed out from them on 7/27/11 still has not posted to my AADSAS app. They told me that it appears my LOR is not signed and this could be preventing AADSAS from posting it to my account and I should contact AADSAS to check. Has anyone else heard of this? How is a professor supposed to sign the LOR if he uploads it directly from word or pdf?

i had that as an issue, therefore i told all my profs to do hard copies and mail it to interfolio n then that went to aadsas, I did not use digital letters because of this exact problem, but if your stats are fine why are you even using interfolio? its only useful if you have weak stats and might reapply, otherwise its easier to use aadsas.