Does Academic Update Impact Chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LV1992

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
If I update my grades from the fall semester and raise my gpa, will I improve my chances for an interview? Will an extra semester showing an upward trend even matter after applying?

Members don't see this ad.

This is exactly what Campbell told me to do, and explicitly stated they would re-evaluate after my update, so I would so yes!

Reactions: 1 user
Yes. When I applied way back when, I received a bunch of interviews almost immediately (like 1-2 weeks) after I updated my app with new semester scores.

And yes, an upward trend will matter, especially if you don't get in this cycle. Obviously if you do get in, they generally don't matter, provided you pass obviously.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes. When I applied way back when, I received a bunch of interviews almost immediately (like 1-2 weeks) after I updated my app with new semester scores.

And yes, an upward trend will matter, especially if you don't get in this cycle. Obviously if you do get in, they generally don't matter, provided you pass obviously.

This is great to hear^^^ about to update my new summer grades next week and now I'm very excited to

Did you email all of the schools individually to inform them of the update?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

This is great to hear^^^ about to update my new summer grades next week and now I'm very excited to

Did you email all of the schools individually to inform them of the update?

I emailed a few schools based on what I had seen with other people's experience on the school specific threads, and ones I was really interested in, but many schools contacted me before I contacted them.

I emailed a few schools based on what I had seen with other people's experience on the school specific threads, and ones I was really interested in, but many schools contacted me before I contacted them.

Awesome! Thank you!