Does Alternate list mean the same as Waitlist???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lynx

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Alternate list and waitlist, are they the same or there any difference? Maybe it's a naive question, but I really don't know much about it. What to do about it? How to make it?
Thanks!!!!:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by Mr Reddly

Oops... nevermind. You said alternate, not hold... sorry.
I assume they are the same... The alternates have to wait.

KIDS nowadays should just learn to read more carefully ;)

anyways, some school have an "alternate list" and then later select people from there to be on a "waiting list" (U of Chicago does that)...whatever word they use, it means you still have a chance.

Members don't see this ad :)
but some schools accept you or put you automatically on an alternate list post-interview. then it becomes a waitlist...but im not sure if everyone from alternate or just select people are put on the waitlist. uc irvine is like that.

Originally posted by docmemi
but some schools accept you or put you automatically on an alternate list post-interview. then it becomes a waitlist...but im not sure if everyone from alternate or just select people are put on the waitlist. uc irvine is like that.

can you clarify this for my benefit? I don't follow what you are trying to say...

sure. im just saying that some schools dont reject people till the very end (i guess u can say that is in may). like at uci, everyone who is not immed accepted post-interv is put on the alternate list. that means you shouldnt read to much into it cause everyone is put on it (temporarily maybe). (on the side, when the uci waitlist comes out, im not sure if everyone is still automatically put on that). my point: alternate list may not mean that much about how good your chances are, just that you still have one.

does that make sense?

Originally posted by Mr Reddly
Darn it AID! You stole my thunder!
UCI is like what?!? Which 'that' are you refering too?!?

to CalbeE... Touch?!
I didn't realize you colorized the blue image yourself. I assumed you just shrank a pre bluehued one, and the software you used just applied a poor compression algorithm. Props to you man. Now that I know that, I like your original one better. The one I sent you has too much blue in it :laugh:

Too late, I deleted my old one and am using the new one ;)

I used a program call Photoimpact and it's really user-friendly.