does AMCAS send you multiple responses to a question?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

justapremed

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So a couple of days ago, I got 3 emails from AMCAS saying that they'll answer my question ASAP. I was slightly confused because I only remember sending in 1 question regarding LoR request forms from AMCAS.

Then I get 3 emails back today, all with different answers :rolleyes:

#1 "This will not be problematic. When you send the request form to Interfolio, everything is processed by your AAMC ID, so regardless of which name is on there, we can match this to your file." <-- real/relevant answer. though, after I emailed them, I figured out the answer anyway.

#2 "You will have to enter back into your AMCAS application and edit the contact information. You may do this even if you have already submitted your application."

#3 "If your application has been submitted, you will not be able to make any changes."

:laugh: Aren't answers #2 and #3 opposites of each other?

Members don't see this ad.

So a couple of days ago, I got 3 emails from AMCAS saying that they'll answer my question ASAP. I was slightly confused because I only remember sending in 1 question regarding LoR request forms from AMCAS.

Then I get 3 emails back today, all with different answers :rolleyes:

#1 "This will not be problematic. When you send the request form to Interfolio, everything is processed by your AAMC ID, so regardless of which name is on there, we can match this to your file." <-- real/relevant answer. though, after I emailed them, I figured out the answer anyway.

#2 "You will have to enter back into your AMCAS application and edit the contact information. You may do this even if you have already submitted your application."

#3 "If your application has been submitted, you will not be able to make any changes."

:laugh: Aren't answers #2 and #3 opposites of each other?

that's really weird. Maybe try calling them.