Does any one else feel this way

Started by Deepa100
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Deepa100

Junior Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I feel like I am spending more time on the AMCAAS application than on studying since I started doing the application. I haven't taken the MCAT yet and it makes me nervous.

Any one else in the same boat?
 
I haven't even looked into AMCAS yet. I thought that was open until July 1st.

Anyway u are not the only what with other things taking up their time for studying.

I took one weekend and two days, and made sure i took care of my TMDSAS application(i live in texas), just to get it out of the way. That's done now, and i am focusing on studying for MCAT in July which i haven't done much of so far.

Just sit down, get it all done. Get ur LORS and transcripts requested. Then sit back and study.

Good Luck to us!
 
I haven't even looked into AMCAS yet. I thought that was open until July 1st.

Anyway u are not the only what with other things taking up their time for studying.

I took one weekend and two days, and made sure i took care of my TMDSAS application(i live in texas), just to get it out of the way. That's done now, and i am focusing on studying for MCAT in July which i haven't done much of so far.

Just sit down, get it all done. Get ur LORS and transcripts requested. Then sit back and study.

Good Luck to us!
Yes, that is what I should too. I will try to get it all done this weekend.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I feel like I am spending more time on the AMCAAS application than on studying since I started doing the application. I haven't taken the MCAT yet and it makes me nervous.

Any one else in the same boat?

MCAT >>>> AMCAS. You are playing with fire if you are getting distracted from the main point of the whole exercise. Med Schools are looking for most qualified individuals not the ones who are first in line. Concentrate on MCAT, AMCAS can wait till you are done with MCAT. Best of :luck:
 
MCAT >>>> AMCAS. You are playing with fire if you are getting distracted from the main point of the whole exercise. Med Schools are looking for most qualified individuals not the ones who are first in line. Concentrate on MCAT, AMCAS can wait till you are done with MCAT. Best of :luck:

I agree!
 
MCAT is absolutely very important. However, I am not taking it till July 10th and I think I need to submit the AMCAS before that. I keep hearing that if I wait too long to submit the AMCAS, it might take them up to 4 weeks to verify. So, I have to balance my time between the two. For example, I need to improve my PS in my free time...