Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Does any one else feel this way

Discussion in 'Nontraditional Students' started by Deepa100, May 30, 2008.

1. Deepa100

Deepa100 Junior Member

I feel like I am spending more time on the AMCAAS application than on studying since I started doing the application. I haven't taken the MCAT yet and it makes me nervous.

Any one else in the same boat?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. dazed1980

Non-Student
    I haven't even looked into AMCAS yet. I thought that was open until July 1st.

Anyway u are not the only what with other things taking up their time for studying.

I took one weekend and two days, and made sure i took care of my TMDSAS application(i live in texas), just to get it out of the way. That's done now, and i am focusing on studying for MCAT in July which i haven't done much of so far.

Just sit down, get it all done. Get ur LORS and transcripts requested. Then sit back and study.

Good Luck to us!

4. Deepa100

Deepa100 Junior Member

Yes, that is what I should too. I will try to get it all done this weekend.

5. zed350

zed350 I want my superapple

Pre-Medical
    MCAT >>>> AMCAS. You are playing with fire if you are getting distracted from the main point of the whole exercise. Med Schools are looking for most qualified individuals not the ones who are first in line. Concentrate on MCAT, AMCAS can wait till you are done with MCAT. Best of :luck:

6. princekc

I agree!

7. Deepa100

Deepa100 Junior Member

MCAT is absolutely very important. However, I am not taking it till July 10th and I think I need to submit the AMCAS before that. I keep hearing that if I wait too long to submit the AMCAS, it might take them up to 4 weeks to verify. So, I have to balance my time between the two. For example, I need to improve my PS in my free time...

8. Deepa100

Deepa100 Junior Member

o

#7 Deepa100, May 31, 2008
    Last edited: May 31, 2008