Does anybody use PCAT flashcards(book) ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chiko

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I'am actually preparing using Kaplan....but sometimes I do the questions on the PCAT flashcards(book).Has anybody used the PCAT flashcards(book) before?If yes,can u give your opinion on the book.:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

I had a flash card book and hated it. I did like the cliff's notes practice tests and Kaplan.

i used a flashcard book for the vocabulary. it helped me a lot on that section of the PCAT.:)

I've used the flashcard book and I loved the verbal review best. I think it is really good practice, and a very accurate depiction of the PCAT. The other sections are pretty good as well. The book is easy to travel around with and not very expensive. Remember, the more practice..the better:)

Members don't see this ad :)
yes I used the pcat flash cards for the vocab and it helped also for BiO and the gerenral chem(rules and basic elements properties) (organic and math weren't that helpful). Also I used Kaplan,barron

I heard that it has some wrong answers in the back. I read it on Barnes and Noble ratings by people.

As soon as I saw this post, I had to reply. I actually went through that piece of garbage with sticky notes marking where they screwed up. I don't know who [if anyone] edited or reviewed it, but they should be ashamed of themselves. There are at least a dozen mistakes, many of which are not just 'grammatical errors' but are genuinely WRONG answers.

I suppose in some ways it's good to go through the book just to catch the mistakes, but if you're genuinely trying to learn the material I would avoid this book like the plague. The verbal sections were not as bad as the chem/bio sections. If I remember correctly [I no longer have it] I only found grammar or printing errors in the verbal sections.

Regardless, REI should be issuing a recall on this publication.