chiko

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 17, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
Hi,
I'am actually preparing using Kaplan....but sometimes I do the questions on the PCAT flashcards(book).Has anybody used the PCAT flashcards(book) before?If yes,can u give your opinion on the book.:confused:

pharmdiva

Accepted pharmacy student
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 14, 2006
Houston
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
I've used the flashcard book and I loved the verbal review best. I think it is really good practice, and a very accurate depiction of the PCAT. The other sections are pretty good as well. The book is easy to travel around with and not very expensive. Remember, the more practice..the better:)

About the Ads

SPCAT

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 25, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
yes I used the pcat flash cards for the vocab and it helped also for BiO and the gerenral chem(rules and basic elements properties) (organic and math weren't that helpful). Also I used Kaplan,barron

suntzu

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 1, 2006
Seattle, WA
As soon as I saw this post, I had to reply. I actually went through that piece of garbage with sticky notes marking where they screwed up. I don't know who [if anyone] edited or reviewed it, but they should be ashamed of themselves. There are at least a dozen mistakes, many of which are not just 'grammatical errors' but are genuinely WRONG answers.

I suppose in some ways it's good to go through the book just to catch the mistakes, but if you're genuinely trying to learn the material I would avoid this book like the plague. The verbal sections were not as bad as the chem/bio sections. If I remember correctly [I no longer have it] I only found grammar or printing errors in the verbal sections.

Regardless, REI should be issuing a recall on this publication.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.