Does anybody use PCAT flashcards(book) ?

Started by chiko
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

chiko

Full Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,
I'am actually preparing using Kaplan....but sometimes I do the questions on the PCAT flashcards(book).Has anybody used the PCAT flashcards(book) before?If yes,can u give your opinion on the book.😕
 
I've used the flashcard book and I loved the verbal review best. I think it is really good practice, and a very accurate depiction of the PCAT. The other sections are pretty good as well. The book is easy to travel around with and not very expensive. Remember, the more practice..the better🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
yes I used the pcat flash cards for the vocab and it helped also for BiO and the gerenral chem(rules and basic elements properties) (organic and math weren't that helpful). Also I used Kaplan,barron
 
As soon as I saw this post, I had to reply. I actually went through that piece of garbage with sticky notes marking where they screwed up. I don't know who [if anyone] edited or reviewed it, but they should be ashamed of themselves. There are at least a dozen mistakes, many of which are not just 'grammatical errors' but are genuinely WRONG answers.

I suppose in some ways it's good to go through the book just to catch the mistakes, but if you're genuinely trying to learn the material I would avoid this book like the plague. The verbal sections were not as bad as the chem/bio sections. If I remember correctly [I no longer have it] I only found grammar or printing errors in the verbal sections.

Regardless, REI should be issuing a recall on this publication.