Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Does anyone care about walking?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by TTSD, May 5, 2004.

1. TTSD

TTSD Sexually Deprived
    7+ Year Member

Who here, outside of you nerds that are going to be recognized for curing AIDS or something similar, care about walking for graduation? You wake up early in the morning. Proceed out. Sit. Get your name called. Clap. Find a bathroom because you woke up so early you didn't do your morning business.

2. Angeliqua

Angeliqua Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I always said that I didn't really care about walking - but I did do it and am glad for it. Your family will want to see it and it is nice to have a picture of you near some landmark of your UG campus wearing the cap and gown, smiling and holding the diploma (or empty folder destined to hold diploma when they are officially sent to you in 6-8 weeks ;) )

Go on, do it! Be proud of what you have accomplished. :D

3. BubbleBobble

BubbleBobble Where's the "any" key?
    7+ Year Member

At UW, the ceremony lasts 4+ hours, and the undergrads are identified by major. So you don't even get to hear your name unless you're a PhD grad.

I think I'll skip out, thanks. :rolleyes:

4. kinetic

kinetic Membership Revoked
    Removed

It's even more fun when you come after someone who has a very demonstrative family or is very popular. There's five minutes of adulation as they walk, waving to the crowd. Then your name and the long walk in silence. Aw, yeah!

5. Adapt

Adapt 2K Member
    7+ Year Member

Hey TTSD, you bit off my thread. As I said in my other thread, I'm not going to do it because I don't feel like it. It sounds like this is the common attitude at our school. :D

6. TTSD

TTSD Sexually Deprived
    7+ Year Member

Indeed, Christ.. I don't go to class anymore. I'm taking like all humanities this quarter just to check out the girls.

Man, seriously though. UCR might have the toughest science program amongst the UCs.. but I can see why our ranking is so low though just by being on the other side of the campus. There is no such thing as the fabled humanities girls. They all look like they're going to head out raving right after class.

7. Adapt

Adapt 2K Member
    7+ Year Member

I have to agree that the sciences classes are pretty hard. I didn't know it was ranked so low though. All in all, I have to say UCR is a decent school although people always rag on it for being the lowest of the UCs.

8. boomuntilnoon

boomuntilnoon Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

My graduation is great... on a Friday evening at sunset on the bayfront of the Gulf Coast. Nobody wears a cap and gown... we can wear whatever we choose. It's a freakshow.

9. curlycity

curlycity Guest

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    I wasn't going to, until my grandma said she was sorry she couldn't come (she confused the announcement with an invitation) and would I send her pictures.

I love my grandma. Will be sending pictures. :)

10. thewzdoc

thewzdoc Ah Newton...how quaint.
    7+ Year Member

Heck yes I?m walking?..I don?t care if my name is said aloud, I don?t care if anyone claps, I don?t care how pretty the campus looks at 10:00 AM in the morning?.I?m doing it for me. I?ve worked hard for it and this is the ?period? at the end of this very long run-on sentence of an education?.. :thumbup:

I think I am going to do something that I've never done before......get nice and numb with alcohol!