Does anyone else do this?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do believe that the actual practicing dentists that say "Trust me it's saturated" or whatever are experiencing hardships themselves. However, they are most likely practicing in a very saturated market (such as the above thread, the OP is in the DC metro area), or they are simply not doing everything they can to succeed. The people posting that dentistry are doomed aren't willing to admit that perhaps their treatment presentation is flawed. Perhaps they are not confident in their abilities and the patient can sense this. But are they going to admit this to the internet? Of course not. It's easier to say "the market sucks" than to say "I suck".

Most people don't recognize faults in themselves, but the fact of the matter is that there are young dentists out there today that are crushing it. If they can do it, so can we. There are so many resources out there for attracting patients, setting up systems in your practice, training and motivating your team, etc.

It can be a tough market out there. And if you're not willing to take the steps necessary to stay competitive in that market, you aren't going to succeed, and you aren't going to enjoy going to work.

Reactions: 2 users