Does anyone else have this problem checking their GPA on AACOMAS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doctor in da makin

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am already verified and need some advice. I have the grade and credits marked down next to my transcript entry page. To get here, hit the download button next to the school you applied to.

But in the gpa breakdown section called the CALCULATED GPA section, there are some anomalies.

Why are there no credits next to biochemistry in the section, but are listed in my transcript entry section as clear as day?

Why only 4 credits next to Organic Chemistry when I took orgo1 and 2?

My AACOMAS GPA and school GPA differed by .06 (every pt counts!), so I'm a little agitated right now...

Anyone else see this?

Members don't see this ad.

Does this happen after you are verified? I have not submitted my app yet.

On the same PDF where you can see your Calculated GPA, find the Transcript that AACOMAS entered. Are there credits and a grade for biochem? Is Biochem listed as a chemistry or biology class? Does your institution use semester or quarters?

Members don't see this ad :)
On the same PDF where you can see your Calculated GPA, find the Transcript that AACOMAS entered. Are there credits and a grade for biochem? Is Biochem listed as a chemistry or biology class? Does your institution use semester or quarters?
Yes, Biology, and we used semesters.

My school GPA which counts both grades of the retake was 3.233. My AACOMAS GPA was 3.24. I retook 2 classes (7 credits) and only had my GPA increase by .007. I did well in the retakes, so it really wasn't worth it in the end

Yes, Biology, and we used semesters.

My school GPA which counts both grades of the retake was 3.233. My AACOMAS GPA was 3.24. I retook 2 classes (7 credits) and only had my GPA increase by .007. I did well in the retakes, so it really wasn't worth it in the end

That means you entered in your retakes wrong or they didn't accept one of them. You need to look in your app to find out what it is.

Sounds like your retakes were entered incorrectly, I would just contact AACOMAS. This is all speculative.

That means you entered in your retakes wrong or they didn't accept one of them. You need to look in your app to find out what it is.
Sounds like your retakes were entered incorrectly, I would just contact AACOMAS. This is all speculative.
It says repeated next to both the first attempt and the second attempt. The first attempt has 0 credits.

The subject name for the first attempt just says Chemistry, whereas for the retake, it says Organic Chemistry. The course codes are the same, however.

All my classes were taken at the same 4 yr school if that helps

Well at this point, I know there is very little that even AACOMAS can/will do. If the difference is that small, I would not sweat it honestly. Otherwise, give them a call and express your concerns.

Well at this point, I know there is very little that even AACOMAS can/will do. If the difference is that small, I would not sweat it honestly. Otherwise, give them a call and express your concerns.
I contacted them and they did count those retakes. Sucks to find out that the difference the retakes made was so minimal.