Does anyone else have this problem?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kussemek

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
In doing practice problems, I have gotten to the point where I can narrow it down to 2 options...but then I always chose the wrong one. Is this something you get better at with practice? It sucks, because the thought process is there...but then at the end...you just miss it!

Members don't see this ad.

Kussemek said:
In doing practice problems, I have gotten to the point where I can narrow it down to 2 options...but then I always chose the wrong one. Is this something you get better at with practice? It sucks, because the thought process is there...but then at the end...you just miss it!

I hear you Kussemek. I do the same thing too, most of the time it is in Verbal and it is sooo aggravating. It prevents me from doing decent on the section. According to EK they say that over time you will learn to be a better guesser, but I am all ears for advice. Kussumek I feel your pain. :eek:

you could do what i've done over the years, but i wouldn't recommend it: i close my eyes, grab onto my star of david necklace, and open my eyes. the answer i see first is the one i put down. it seems to actually work somehow. not sure why. but i used that method in jhs when i aws taking the stuyvesant test (really prestigious school in nyc) and i went in with no prep, i even forgot about it until that day, and i think i missed getting in by only around 5 points. i did it for the SAT and my cell bio class too.