does anyone else have zero interviews at this point?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tanvsten

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
im feeling rather depressed about not hearing back from any schools. i took my DATs in august and sent out my secondaries shortly afterwards. my cum gpa is 3.3 but my sci is only a 3.0. with dats, i scored 19AA and 20TS. is anyone else in my situation? i know my numbers arent strong but i thought id at least get a few interviews? is it just too early to tell? help.

Members don't see this ad.

Your numbers aren't strong, so if/when you do get interviews, they'll likely be later, probably even in the next year.

Contact the dental schools you applied to and ask about the status of your application and how competitive you are. Good luck

I would immediately start figuring out a plan for a year of downtime.

Apply to MS programs, SMPs, or do post bac. DO NOT sit on your hands and become stagnant. When you reapply next year you will want to show the schools progress.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would immediately start figuring out a plan for a year of downtime.

Apply to MS programs, SMPs, or do post bac. DO NOT sit on your hands and become stagnant. When you reapply next year you will want to show the schools progress.

I agree,

Also where did you apply?

You might have had a couple interviews right now if your app was complete in June rather than deep into August, which is kind of late...

I agree with the previous poster about looking into an SMP.

I would say, try getting your AA to 20. The 19 and 20 is a big difference. Without that 20 in AA, I'd say good luck getting interviews anywhere

I don't have any flippin' interviews either! My GPA is a little higher, but DAT is a little lower...

I am graduating in December, my wife is due in June with our first baby and I am looking into an MPH program...hopefully SOMEONE will let me in next year!

Well, a quick search from my website said 32% of the applicants have not had an interview yet(or at least didnt update it on Predents.com) so you're not alone me thinks.

19/20 is fine on the DAT, it is because you applied kind of late especailly with that GPA (mine is not much better). after these pre-dec interviews, you will probably get a few

a 19 or 20 is a fine score if you have a 3.5+ however the OP has a 3.3. Thats the same GPA I applied with and a meeting with the adcoms told me to score 20+ in every category.

a 19 or 20 is a fine score if you have a 3.5+ however the OP has a 3.3. Thats the same GPA I applied with and a meeting with the adcoms told me to score 20+ in every category.
wow it must be getting extremely competitive, i would think a 3.3 and 19/20 would get at least an interview or two, if not post-dec 1

wow it must be getting extremely competitive, i would think a 3.3 and 19/20 would get at least an interview or two, if not post-dec 1

Yeah, right now it's pretty much a 3.5/20+ and up to be competitive(not saying that you can't get in with lower stats)

I had a 3.8 and 19 AA and only applied at one school. I also completed my applications almost immediately after it became available. I had an interview on September 8th and was accepted on Sept 26th (after which i immediately proposed to my girlfriend! We're getting married in August :D)

Members don't see this ad :)
I had a 3.8 and 19 AA and only applied at one school. I also completed my applications almost immediately after it became available. I had an interview on September 8th and was accepted on Sept 26th (after which i immediately proposed to my girlfriend! We're getting married in August :D)

Where was this? and Congratulations

Congrats.

What school let you know before Dec 1st? Was your mom or dad the dean or something? :laugh:

I think if you apply to only one school, that school can inform you of your status pre-dec 1.

Yeah I don't have any interviews either, granted I just submitted the AADSAS application last week and was notified they needed a transcript from the first school I attended. Regardless of statements from pretty much everyone on this site the application deadline is set for a reason.

I think if you apply to only one school, that school can inform you of your status pre-dec 1.

wow, does AADSAS inform this to the school directly? or should students have to inform that to the school?

Isnt this person talking about the EDP? Or does anyone have any evidence that this is true in other cases?

And from what adcoms was this from? Please dude, I have a 3.4 and have 2 scores less than 20, if a school told me to retake and get 20+ i'll tell them to shove it.

ahh, i dont have any interviews either at this point!! My app was complete by early august - i have a 3.18/3.0 gpa with 21/21/20 scores for the dat. I'm really worried that i haven't gotten any interviews yet...i'm currently a senior at this point so i'm hoping that when i submit my fall semester grades in december, schools will consider me more???