You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Does anyone else's school advertise?
Started by SeekerofTruth
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Every website I go to has an advertisement for my school..it's kind of ridiculous. Anyone know how much website advertisements cost?
No. My school doesn't have to advertise.
Every website I go to has an advertisement for my school..it's kind of ridiculous. Anyone know how much website advertisements cost?
lemme guess...USP?
"Beats living in your parents' basement!"
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted205891
Well, ads for LECOM pop up all the time when I'm on SDN. Maybe it's a targeted ad because I googled them extensively when I applied for their residency.
Well, ads for LECOM pop up all the time when I'm on SDN. Maybe it's a targeted ad because I googled them extensively when I applied for their residency.
This...a lot of adds you see are based off of what you google. They realized a while back that targeting ads to what you search for is better then just throwing ads around and hoping someone who cares visits the site.
Mine is an independent pharmacy school. It doesn't advertise to students but will buy a spot on the radio about community service things that it does and what not. I think that is a good way to raise awareness of the school.
exactly..it seems like they are trying too hard.
could reduce the cost of tuition instead of charging for trash in the wrong trashcan...
4
474671
It's funny because PCP has a solid reputation... I men oldest school in the country counts for something right?
I see UIC, LECOM and Walgreens $25 transfer coupon banners on this site 🙂
LIU does, but not for the school of pharmacy. Touro and NYU also does as well.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It's funny because PCP has a solid reputation... I men oldest school in the country counts for something right?
Yeah, they have no need to advertise, it really weirds me out. I guess it can increase application revenue, though.
AdBlockPlus ftw👍genesis09 said:Can't see ads because I have ad blocker
The university advertises but the individual colleges do not. I've already told the alumni association that they will never get my money until they stop advertising. Luckily I still support the college of pharmacy that gets so many applicants that there really isn't a need to advertise.
Maybe it's different for regional affiliates but your school's college of pharmacy used to advertise during the fall in 2008 and 2009. Not sure if they do it anymore but I specifically remember seeing a commercial during the RRR. You know what I mean.
No. My school doesn't have to advertise.
Maybe it's different for regional affiliates but your school's college of pharmacy used to advertise during the fall in 2008 and 2009. Not sure if they do it anymore but I specifically remember seeing a commercial during the RRR. You know what I mean.
well pharmacy is like half the school anyways >.>
also, applications are free...
also, applications are free...
I remember driving on the freeway and seeing a huge billboard with Touro University California on it. Below the name was "graduate education for those with a passion to serve." Goose-bumps ran through me. XD There was also another one that was on a giant television screen. Coincidentally, they both were replaced when the cycle drew closer to an end.
.
Last edited:
Similar threads
- Replies
- 4
- Views
- 4K
- Replies
- 8
- Views
- 4K