Does anyone know how much a pharmacist earns in Canada?

Started by lanvin12
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Or more specifically, in Ontario?
I think Americans are better paid.

Does anyone know how much a pharmacist earns in Canada?

Remember, if you're asking for information it's best not to follow that up with your opinion on the subject 😉

Pharmacists, median and mean are paid more in the states than Canada. However, with the strength of the Canadian dollar and other misc. factors, it is a very comparable salary/lifestyle.

Don't forget, in these tax brackets, a $5,000 difference is in reality only $2,500.
 
Depends on where, and what area of practice. If you belong to the public sector union OPSEU and work in a psychiatric hospital, you're one of the lowest-paid pharmacists in N. America. A couple of years ago, they topped out at CN $30/hour. I looked into such a job because I thought it would be interesting, but I couldn't take the cut in pay.

In Toronto, I think it's around CN $40-45/hour. If you go out of Toronto, the pay gets higher because the shortage of pharmacists is that much more intense. I've heard of as much as CN $75/hour in the north, but that may be apocryphal.

I'd be curious to know what Americans get paid, especially now that our dollar is about the same as theirs.