Does anyone know if..

Started by Sulilina1
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Sulilina1

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know if there are any post PharmD programs out there that let you further pursue education in natural (holistic) healing/medicine? Or will I just have to go to a separate, specialized school for that?

Thanks,

Crystal
 
Does anyone know if there are any post PharmD programs out there that let you further pursue education in natural (holistic) healing/medicine? Or will I just have to go to a separate, specialized school for that?

Thanks,

Crystal

Try naturopathic medical school. My aunt's sister went to one in Seattle. I've also worked with a temp RPh that was going there for class and wanted to change careers. There's one on the east side of Phoenix http://www.scnm.edu (Mesa or Scottsdale). Most offer a ND or NMD degree, and each state gives them differing levels of authority. In AZ they can do just about everything a MD/DO can do. They can't write for cancer meds, psych meds, or CIIs other than Morphine, in Arizona.

I really don't know about any post PharmD programs for herbs/botanicals. Some schools offer an elective course in holistic/herbs. Your best bet would be to check with a local Eastern medicine/accupuncture school or society.

good luck!
 
Are NDs considered valid clinicians and are they recognized by the American Medical Association? I already have my bias against Chiropractors due to the lack of evidenced base medicine, but I have never heard of NDs before. Upon cursory investigation and seeing ND degrees available online, I begin to question the quality of the programs.