does anyone know of any decelerated programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bevo

Radiology, R1
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
in the caribbean?

a friend of mine has this issue. He's made it through a few semesters at Ross. But he's having issues again in 3rd. He's been recommended to possibly take an academic leave of absence to take english enrichment and speed reading courses (english is not his first languauge) or possibly transfer to a school where they are decelerated programs.

He doesn't really like the 1st option or the 2nd. But if he had to choose a route, he would go the first route.

I really don't know of any schools that would accept him. He has not taken the mcat either (as far as I know).

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

lmbebo said:
in the caribbean?

a friend of mine has this issue. He's made it through a few semesters at Ross. But he's having issues again in 3rd. He's been recommended to possibly take an academic leave of absence to take english enrichment and speed reading courses (english is not his first languauge) or possibly transfer to a school where they are decelerated programs.

He doesn't really like the 1st option or the 2nd. But if he had to choose a route, he would go the first route.

I really don't know of any schools that would accept him. He has not taken the mcat either (as far as I know).

thanks

I think either the George Washington University or Howard University in D.C. offer a decelerated M.D. It's not where you want it to be, but it might be worth looking into. I hope he's okay :oops:

Scottish Chap said:
I think either the George Washington University or Howard University in D.C. offer a decelerated M.D. It's not where you want it to be, but it might be worth looking into. I hope he's okay :oops:

George Washington does have a decelerated program in which the first year is divided into two years. After completing the 1B portion, the students go on to their second year of medical school and take the entire course load with the rest of the class. At GW, you don't apply for the 5 Year Program. The admissions office selects those that they feel would benefit from it from the regular applicant pool. No one seems to know how that they decide who gets put in the decelerated program. Also, it is my understanding that those in the five-year program are expected to perform within one standard deviation of the class mean in their courses during the 1A and 1B years to continue in the medical program.