does anyone know when NYMC...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bullishMD

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
notifies you of the interview decision (lets say if you interviewed in sept or early oct)...I know it is in december...but does anyone know when they notify you in december and by what? (email, snail mail, phone)

Members don't see this ad.

The date I saw was Dec. 6th being the first day acceptances were given out, but I think that was from last year so it may not be the exact same as this year. How they notify you, I have noooo idea.

The date I saw was Dec. 6th being the first day acceptances were given out, but I think that was from last year so it may not be the exact same as this year. How they notify you, I have noooo idea.

They told us we would know 8-10 weeks after the interview. They said they would update the status page to say "letter of decision sent" and send a letter of acc, wl, or rej.

Members don't see this ad :)
They told us we would know 8-10 weeks after the interview. They said they would update the status page to say "letter of decision sent" and send a letter of acc, wl, or rej.

What does everyone's status page say if you've already interviewed there? I thought they told us it was going to change that week we interviewed to something else, but it's said this ever since I was first offered an interview:

Interview Information

An email invitation to schedule an interview date was sent on XX/XX/2007.
Your interview is confirmed for XX/XX/2007, after which your file will be under review by the Admission Committee.

Mind you, I've already had my interview over two weeks ago, and it never changed to something like "you have completed your interview and a decision will be made and you will be notified."

It takes them forever to update the status page, even after you receive the decision. And I interviewed in late September last year and was not given a decision until mid-January. I swear they are about the slowest school in the world on getting back to people.

What does everyone's status page say if you've already interviewed there?

It should say "in committee review" or something like that after you interview and before they send you a decision letter. But they seem to be a bit slow in changing status pages.

I found out December 1st morning but I interviewed the first day possible (late Sept.)

Acceptances: Via e-mail
Waitlist/Rejection: Snail-mail, about a week later

Don't count on the status page for anything from here on in, gluck!

I found out December 1st morning but I interviewed the first day possible (late Sept.)

Acceptances: Via e-mail
Waitlist/Rejection: Snail-mail, about a week later

Don't count on the status page for anything from here on in, gluck!

Any updates? Does anyone know when we will hear from NYMC about acceptances, waitlists...? We are getting close to december 1 so i thought i would bump this.

how bout hurry up and give me an interview at nymc

I interviewed there. Did anyone else who interviewed there leave really not that impressed with the school. The thought of living in the dorms really was the nail in the coffin for me. And what's with not having tanks in the anatomy lab...seriously, just wrapping up the cadavers in saran wrap?

the MSAR says dec 3rd.

in old posts, its taken them mostly the full 10-12 weeks (which is a little sinister if you ask me). however, our year is different (read: out of control). With the new MCATs and more dates, i feel like more applicants are interviewing earlier. look at last years threads: most interviews came in december, and many heard a decision in feb/march.

who knows, this year can go either way. either they anticipated this and many of us earlier interviews (aug/sept/~oct) will actually hear before its 2008.

or, we may very well not hear anything until april.

Im hoping for option A. good luck!

I interviewed there. Did anyone else who interviewed there leave really not that impressed with the school. The thought of living in the dorms really was the nail in the coffin for me. And what's with not having tanks in the anatomy lab...seriously, just wrapping up the cadavers in saran wrap?

Well, if you get accepted and I dont, feel free to will your acceptance on to me ;) I would be more than content!

I'm not sure the interview/tour really gave me a negative impression of the school...not really sure it's the right fit for me (thinking I'm probably staying Midwest), but the students there seemed to really like it...however I fully agree that the dorm thing was a HUGE turnoff...having just turned 24 and having lived in nice apartments w/my own room and everything for a few years here, I really could NOT go back to dorm life...no chance

I'm not sure the interview/tour really gave me a negative impression of the school...not really sure it's the right fit for me (thinking I'm probably staying Midwest), but the students there seemed to really like it...however I fully agree that the dorm thing was a HUGE turnoff...having just turned 24 and having lived in nice apartments w/my own room and everything for a few years here, I really could NOT go back to dorm life...no chance

I'm pretty sure you don't *have* to live in their housing. But honestly I'd rather live in that cheap housing than pay for an expensive apartment in the area....

Haha OK yes, you are correct...a few student don't live on campus 1st year...and I also have to agree with you on the second point...in that area, the property values/rental rates are sky high, so yes, if I were going there I would probably suck it up and go with the smart choice of on-campus housing:) (thank you cheap Midwestern cities!!!)