Does anyone remember Chrononet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pembleton

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Circa 1997, when the internet was young, there was a website created by a Greg Chronowski (I think) that gave many premeds lots of good advice. He hosted a forum too which while helpful was also very combative. I used to browse his site all the time when I was first considering medical school. He actually closed his site a few times when posters got out of control, but he always came back to help out.

Anyhow, I wonder what became of that guy. Does anyone know?

Members don't see this ad.

Pembleton said:
Circa 1997, when the internet was young, there was a website created by a Greg Chronowski (I think) that gave many premeds lots of good advice. He hosted a forum too which while helpful was also very combative. I used to browse his site all the time when I was first considering medical school. He actually closed his site a few times when posters got out of control, but he always came back to help out.

i remeber the name...but I dont know what happened to him

Pembleton said:

Yeah I remember hitting that site back in '97, and '98 when I was an undergrad pre-med. His name is Greg Chronowski. At the time he had just started a radiation oncology residency at MD Anderson. I imagine he's done training by now and practicing somewhere...

Members don't see this ad :)
I think Kimberli Cox posted to it a lot too. Kim... any thoughts/knowledge...

Well..."Chrononet" is still around (http://www.chrononet.net/), but the forums have been closed for a few years.

It's pretty flattering that people still remember the site...I've actually had people approach me at national meetings to thank me for the help it provided way back when in the dark ages of the internet.

As an update, last I had heard, Kim Cox was doing a surgical residency (I think with plans for a Plastic Surgery Fellowship).

Kent Wilyard was in Family Practice in Virginia (but may have moved), check out Ken's site (pbrain.hypermart.net/) for medical Palm OS info.

I am presently practicing Radiation Oncology in Naperville, Il, but next month I'll be returning to MD Anderson in Houston, TX to take a faculty position in the Division of Radiation Oncology.

It's funny, as medical school rapidly fades into the distance of my career, it's pretty easy to forget how impossibly stressful it was to go through the applications process. To this day, I still say that the MCAT was THE most stressful exam of my career, the USMLE and Board Certification - including oral exams, pale in comparisson!

Best of luck to all...it's nice to be noticed!

Gregory M. Chronowski, M.D.

chronow1 said:
Well..."Chrononet" is still around (http://www.chrononet.net/), but the forums have been closed for a few years.

It's pretty flattering that people still remember the site...I've actually had people approach me at national meetings to thank me for the help it provided way back when in the dark ages of the internet.

As an update, last I had heard, Kim Cox was doing a surgical residency (I think with plans for a Plastic Surgery Fellowship).

Kent Wilyard was in Family Practice in Virginia (but may have moved), check out Ken's site (pbrain.hypermart.net/) for medical Palm OS info.

I am presently practicing Radiation Oncology in Naperville, Il, but next month I'll be returning to MD Anderson in Houston, TX to take a faculty position in the Division of Radiation Oncology.

It's funny, as medical school rapidly fades into the distance of my career, it's pretty easy to forget how impossibly stressful it was to go through the applications process. To this day, I still say that the MCAT was THE most stressful exam of my career, the USMLE and Board Certification - including oral exams, pale in comparisson!

Best of luck to all...it's nice to be noticed!

Gregory M. Chronowski, M.D.

How did you like practicing in Naperville? I live over in Sandwich (past the other side of Aurora)

chronow1 said:

Hey, Greg!

I recently started posting here again after running across Kim's name. I had no idea I'd find you here, too! Looks like the ol' ChronoNet team is back together again on SDN! How cool is that? :cool:

Kent

Reactions: 1 user
Greg,

you are correct...I'm finishing out the last few (painful) months of my Chief year in a general surgical residency at Penn State. I decided against Plastic Surgery (if not only because its become so incredibly competitive that I really didn't want to fight my way into a training program) but will be doing a Breast Surgery/Oncology fellowship at UMDNJ in New Brunswick, NJ next year.

Hopefully after that year is done (in 06/07) I'll have found a job back home out west. But as you can see...I've kept up my interest in the internet and BBs! I have you to thank (or to blame) ;)

Kimberli Cox said:
Greg,

you are correct...I'm finishing out the last few (painful) months of my Chief year in a general surgical residency at Penn State. I decided against Plastic Surgery (if not only because its become so incredibly competitive that I really didn't want to fight my way into a training program) but will be doing a Breast Surgery/Oncology fellowship at UMDNJ in New Brunswick, NJ next year.

Hopefully after that year is done (in 06/07) I'll have found a job back home out west. But as you can see...I've kept up my interest in the internet and BBs! I have you to thank (or to blame) ;)

Hi Dr. Cox - I couldn't help but read your signature and wonder if that story by Lee is really true! Any other references on Scrubs to SDN?

Megboo said:
Hi Dr. Cox - I couldn't help but read your signature and wonder if that story by Lee is really true! Any other references on Scrubs to SDN?

The story is true...although I highly doubt the character's name has anything to do with me other than being a coincidence.

Since that early post from the purported writer we haven't heard anything outrightly from the cast/crew/producers, etc. of Scrubs.