Does anything feel better than...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Flobber

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
walking out of a hospital on the last day of a long rotation? I don't think I can compare it to any feeling of freedom I've ever experienced before.

Members don't see this ad.

walking out of a hospital on the last day of a long rotation? I don't think I can compare it to any feeling of freedom I've ever experienced before.

walking out of the hospital on the last day of surgery was great. but then we had to come back in two days later to take the final exam... i wasn't quite so elated after that. (we don't use shelf exams in any clerkship here. and this exam was tough. poor me.)

:mad:

2 best days of rotations (even when i liked them):

-the last day of clinical duties
-right after the test

nothing beats that

Members don't see this ad :)
I heard this from a very senior consultant..words of wisdom indeed:

When you're off work or are on a holiday break, get away from the hospital as far as you can and do not even think of anything remotely healthcare, that'll keep you human:thumbup:

Last day of Ob/Gyn this morning... yeah, sure, I may have to study all this junk again for Steps 2 and 3, but I'll never have to yank another placenta out of a bloody vagina again! I'm sure that's a good thing for many people besides me.