Does being a Physiology TA count under BPCM?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

09ine

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm going to be a Physiology lab TA next semester, but the course number is under the same category as independent research (or research in general, which is the same as what my neurology lab is doing).

Since this covers more than 60% physiology (...it's 100%), would it go under BPCM? I'm wondering b/c I can either take it as 2 or 3 credits, and if I take it as 3 credits I'll be at a 3.700 flat which would be a godsend to me.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm going to be a Physiology lab TA next semester, but the course number is under the same category as independent research (or research in general, which is the same as what my neurology lab is doing).

Since this covers more than 60% physiology (...it's 100%), would it go under BPCM? I'm wondering b/c I can either take it as 2 or 3 credits, and if I take it as 3 credits I'll be at a 3.700 flat which would be a godsend to me.
What department is it in?

It's listed as Physiology 699 so it technically and content wise is part of BPCM, but if it was brought up
and I said I was graded as a TA would that be frowned upon?

Members don't see this ad :)
It's listed as Physiology 699 so it technically and content wise is part of BPCM, but if it was brought up
why frowned upon??
and yes being a TA under BCPM can be counted towards that gpa.

Don't see why that'd be frowned upon...I think being a TA is a great experience and one that should be looked upon favorably!

I agree, if it's got a science-y catalog prefix (which it does) and especially since it involved science knowledge, go for it.

If you're worried about the fact that you received a grade for teaching as opposed to learning being brought up, this really isn't any different from cases where schools require research assistants to take graded credit hours for their participation. As others have said, teaching is a valuable experience in general, and being graded for it isn't something that would be held against you; it's probably not even something you could control.

Thanks guys, appreciate the input on this!