Does choice of school affect future career?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

chessdude2

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'd like to do something in the business side of pharmacy once I graduate, probably PBM or independent pharmacy (do I need an MBA for that?).

Currently I'm debating between USC and MWU-CPG in Arizona. Does going to a higher-ranked school like USC give me better chances of doing what I want to do (i.e. networking, support, etc.)?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
frihxrjarfbillajntsa.jpg
 
I'd like to do something in the business side of pharmacy once I graduate, probably PBM or independent pharmacy (do I need an MBA for that?).

Currently I'm debating between USC and MWU-CPG in Arizona. Does going to a higher-ranked school like USC give me better chances of doing what I want to do (i.e. networking, support, etc.)?

I think you need to look into what each school offers you given your career interests and where you want to live after graduation. I am not familiar with MWU-CPG but USC has a lot of dual degree options that could help you with a establishing a career in the business side of pharmacy. Also, if you want to live in Cali, USC's brand name resonates with employers in the state much more than MWU-CPG.