Does Columbia always interview its own?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

uhohspaghettios

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it true that Columbia always interviews its undergrads? This is what I hear...but I haven't been invited to an interview, so as you can imagine, I feel great about myself.

Members don't see this ad.

My best friend (who is now in her first year of NYU med school) was also never invited to interview. We too had heard that Columbia always interviews their undergrads, so she was feeling pretty ****ty, and was sending them letters about how much she likes the school, and calling to see if her app was complete. Still...she was never invited, and ultimately rejected. So I don't know why they didn't invite her... but yeah, I heard the thing about "curtesy" interviews for Columbia undergrads...

not sure it matters in the end. columbia undergrads and workers don't seem to have much success getting into PNS after an interview, anyway. I was both, so knew a few other columbia researchers, techs, and undergrads who got interviewed but didn't make it in.

I haven't heard of any particular alliegance on P&S's part to Morningside. It certainly is the case that Presbyterian Hospital residency programs favor P&S grads, though.