Does columbia require 2x2 photo?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sl2obel2ts

i like tomatoes
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
when I looked at it last year it said 2x2 photo. AADSAS says I need to send it to columbia. I just went to their website, and it says nothing about photo. I guess it is just a 75 dollar check then?

-
A non-refundable application processing fee check or money order in the amount of $75 made payable to Columbia University. (Canadian postal money orders cannot be accepted). All Checks must be drawn in U.S. Dollars. Candidates may request a fee waiver, but must supply documentation from their current financial aid officer that confirms their eligibility. Application fees are not credited toward tuition.
-

http://dental.columbia.edu/education/app_proc.html

Members don't see this ad.

when I looked at it last year it said 2x2 photo. AADSAS says I need to send it to columbia. I just went to their website, and it says nothing about photo. I guess it is just a 75 dollar check then?

-
A non-refundable application processing fee check or money order in the amount of $75 made payable to Columbia University. (Canadian postal money orders cannot be accepted). All Checks must be drawn in U.S. Dollars. Candidates may request a fee waiver, but must supply documentation from their current financial aid officer that confirms their eligibility. Application fees are not credited toward tuition.
-

http://dental.columbia.edu/education/app_proc.html

You checked it last year.....
when i was working on my application this May, i had copied the requirements from every college and for columbia i had
" 1)Columbia:
· A 2x2 photo and a non-refundable application processing fee check or money order in the amount of $75 made payable to Columbia University. (Canadian postal money orders cannot be accepted). All Checks must be drawn in U.S. Dollars. Candidates may request a fee waiver, but must supply documentation from their current financial aid officer that confirms their eligibility. Application fees are not credited toward tuition.
· Five (5) mailing labels with your name and permanent address.
.· a certified copy of Dental Admissions Test (DAT) scores. All applicants must take the Dental Admission Test to be considered for admission. Unofficial copies will not be accepted as part of the application.".

But when i checked it in June to actually send the materials, it was all different....but i sent them everything. Better to be safe than to be sorry.

thanks

i guess u sent these in a big packet. 5 mailing labels with my name and address? wth?

Members don't see this ad :)
May I ask your stats and experiences for your Columbia application?

Thanks.

Has anyone's check been cashed out?
Other schools have cashed out, but Columbia hasn't.

hey
what did u send to columbia?

Personal check + 2x2 picture + mailing labels with permanent address

These are listed on Columbia website.

Personal check + 2x2 picture + mailing labels with permanent address

These are listed on Columbia website.

They definitely do NOT ask for a 2x2 pic on the website... only for a personal check and mailing labels.

On the AADSAS app "supplemental info" section though, they do ask for all three.

They definitely do NOT ask for a 2x2 pic on the website... only for a personal check and mailing labels.

On the AADSAS app "supplemental info" section though, they do ask for all three.

I'm not sure what happened. Perhaps they have updated the website since my last visit? Or I'm just confused with other school's website.

Giving them more information shouldn't hurt your application at all, actually it may do quite the opposite. It could make it look like you went above and beyond, though thats just a speculation. Worst thing that happens is they just throw away the extra stuff and keep what they need.

Code:
[COLOR=#ff0000]Five[B] (5)[/B] mailing labels with your name and [B]permanent[/B] address.[/COLOR]

I didn't see anything about 5 mailing labels on their website. I was about to send out mine, which includes a check and a picture. I am glad I checked this thread.

what do they exactly mean by mailing label? Can anyone please explain?

Thanks!

yea i woudl like to know about this 5 mailing labels as well. I cant find it anywhere on their website or aadsas

yea i woudl like to know about this 5 mailing labels as well. I cant find it anywhere on their website or aadsas

I think 5 mailing labels was for last year. This year they ask for three items:

Columbia University College of Dental Medicine Deadline Date: January 16
Telephone: (212) 305-3478
Fax: (212) 305-1034
Email: [email protected]
http://dental.columbia.edu

Contact Person:
Joseph McManus, DMD, MS, MHA, MBA
Office of Admissions and Student Affairs
Columbia University College of Dental Medicine
630 West 168th Street
New York, NY 10032

Send these materials to the dental school At the Same Time you send AADSAS materials:
  • Application fee $75 (make check payable to Columbia University)
  • Official DAT scores
  • 2" x 2" photograph
You can check it out by going to instruction section of your AADSAS application under supplemental information.

Oh well, at least they will know I'm super-interested in their school.