Does CSA Mandatory?.?

Started by lak
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

lak

Junior Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am a Medical Student.

I am Just Curious to Know Does CSA is Mandatory, to do residency in USA.
Why I am asking this question is, some of my friends are telling me only Step1, Step2 are enough??..

CSA is only required for some of the programs like General surgery?.
It?s not required for internal Medicine Is it True?.?
 
Based on your post I presume you are not a US student. You will find all the details about ECFMG certification at ecfmg.org (yes, CSA is required for all residencies, including Pathology).
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just want to add that there are some medical professions that don't require the CSA. Clinical pharmacologists, microbiologists, clinical biochemists and probably some other professions are regular medical specialties in many countries with residencies and everything. In the US, they aren't, and you don't need the CSA.

Just a note.
 
if you graduate in 2005 or after, you will be required, as a US medical student, to take the CSA part of step 2. Our class will be the first class to take this exam.