Does DMU allow a one year Deferment?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cmeshy

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if DMU allows a one year deferment? And are their any special circumstances for this allowment? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

cmeshy said:
Does anyone know if DMU allows a one year deferment? And are their any special circumstances for this allowment? Thanks

I'm trying to get a defferment from LECOM-Erie-- every school has their own policies. It has been my experience that most schools will not admit that they allow this, however most schools grant one after you are accepted and if you have an excellent reason (grad. degree, illness, etc.)

Your best bet is to ask current DMU students if they know of fellow-classmates who have gotten one.

Good luck!

DMU granted my friend a deferment last year and he will be starting with this years class. He wanted to spend an extra year out of school with family, etc. I am not sure if there were any special criteria he had to "meet" (enrolled in some other worthwhile life experience [read school, etc.]).

Good luck.