Does dropping post bac classes look bad?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shimmerz

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been accepted into med school for Fall 05, and have been taking some classes for the heck of it at a local university. I am really debating dropping one of the two classes, so I can begin working, since this class falls during business hours. Do you think med schools would look down upon that?

Technicaly, can a med school reject you once you have been accepted??

Members don't see this ad.

shimmerz said:
I have been accepted into med school for Fall 05, and have been taking some classes for the heck of it at a local university. I am really debating dropping one of the two classes, so I can begin working, since this class falls during business hours. Do you think med schools would look down upon that?

Technicaly, can a med school reject you once you have been accepted??
Unless they are the prereqs - they won't reject you. I was told just that from admin. They won't really care - seriously.

Disclaimer: Check with your school

I dropped my masters program like a bad habit...they said it would not affect me. Do what you need to do. In my case, it was well worth it.

Members don't see this ad :)
jbone said:
I dropped my masters program like a bad habit...they said it would not affect me. Do what you need to do. In my case, it was well worth it.

How did you go about finding out whether you could drop out of the program? I don't like the program I'm in and see no point in continuing since I have been accepted.

lakare said:
How did you go about finding out whether you could drop out of the program? I don't like the program I'm in and see no point in continuing since I have been accepted.
I'd like some info on this as well! I want to drop my master program because of financial problems :( . On my primary application I said that I plan to attend so and so school for such and such. I wasn't even accepted into the program at that time. It was a plan. But the med school that I have been accepted to and plan to attend is asking for a transcript for my masters'. Do you guys think I can drop it? Thank you.

I'm in a similar situation. I want to drop my master's next semester (it's a waste of money once you've been accepted) as long as the school I'm going to says it ok. But I've heard that it can be bad for your residency. Does anyoen know if this is true? Will they see those transcripts, or will they only see transcripts for Med school? Maybe someone who is already in medical school and going through residency etc. can let us know about this.