Does everybody get free money?

Started by aileen
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

aileen

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
According to my financial award letter, I get $6160 a year that I do not have to repay. The money is described as "General Scholarship Fd Stipend". Does everybody receive that 'free money'?
 
aileen said:
According to my financial award letter, I get $6160 a year that I do not have to repay. The money is described as "General Scholarship Fd Stipend". Does everybody receive that 'free money'?

I guess you should consider yourself lucky. I didn't get "free money." ALL LOANS BABY!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
At my school you can get $15,000 per year in need based grants if you qualify. It makes tuition reasonable for out of staters like myself. 😀
 
My school hands out the freebies if you get your financial aid application turned in on time.