varunner

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 15, 2006
Status
Pre-Medical
Anybody know? It looks like EVMS has its own letter of recomendation form that they want you to submit with your application. Do they still accept interfolio letters however?

Depakote

Pediatric Anesthesiologist
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Nov 2, 2004
SOCMOB
Status
Attending Physician
I don't think I've ever seen this LOR form that you're talking about... and I applied there the past 2 years.

They always took the standard stuff my Advisor sent them and they've always been pretty adaptable. I'd contact them, but my bet is they'd take interfolio.

Haemulon

Slippery When Wet
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 1, 2006
On SDN
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I can confirm that they do indeed have a form for you to sign and give to your recommenders to include in your LOR's. It has a statement waiving your right to see it.

About the Ads

CavalierMD

Secondary Stalker 4-Lyf!
10+ Year Member
Apr 28, 2006
Charlottesville, VA
Status
Pre-Medical
Yeah I don't know what form you're talking about either... I sent them my Interfolio packet... I'm still waiting to hear back from them, but I'll let you know!

EDIT: Just Kidding... I see it now. But it says to use the "protcol below" if you don't have the preferred committee letter... which is what my packet is...

Haemulon

Slippery When Wet
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 1, 2006
On SDN
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I have read that with letter collection services, it serves as a substitue for a signed waiver form. This is also the case with committee letters. There is also another form that they have on which you need to indicate who is writing your letters.

Depakote

Pediatric Anesthesiologist
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Nov 2, 2004
SOCMOB
Status
Attending Physician
Ah. This makes sense.

My Pre-Med Advisor had his own form for waiving the right to see LOR's. Most schools will accept them as long as some signed waiver has been provided.

I would still check with EVMS though.

chaeymaey

1K Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 25, 2003
TX
prettydoc.blogspot.com
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
They accepted it when I applied to the med masters program there.

NPRjunkie

10+ Year Member
May 31, 2006
Status
Pre-Medical
I applied last year and used Interfolio to send my LOR's with no problem. Just check off the appropriate box and there shouldn't be any problems so long as they see you waived your rights. Good luck!

dantt

10+ Year Member
Jun 28, 2006
Status
Medical Student
I thought it was illegal to make waiving your right to see a letter a requirement of acceptance?

OP
V

varunner

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 15, 2006
Status
Pre-Medical
Excellent. It looks as though they accept them then! Thanks :)

About the Ads