EileenX

2+ Year Member
Oct 15, 2017
Status
  1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
So I was wondering if this was just common knowledge I missed. When schools ask for "a list" of your awards, or pubs, or whatever, I've been doing something like:
Award 1, January 1, 2019
Award 2, June 3, 2018
Award 3, May 5, 2014
etc.

However, for one school, I looked at what the complete application would look like after submitting, and it got rid of all the line breaks so it was just Award 1, January 1, 2019 Award 2, June 3, 2018 Award 3, May 5, 2015 etc., but it looked pretty hard to read because it was a giant paragraph with a lot of dates and words, especially for the publication and poster citations.

So I guess my question is, did all the schools I submitted a secondary to do this, and do they even care? And if so, should I be changing my format for my few remaining secondaries so it is more readable in bock paragraph format? Though not sure how to do that exactly with citations...

Apologies for the neuroticism!

Mar 14, 2019
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
So I was wondering if this was just common knowledge I missed. When schools ask for "a list" of your awards, or pubs, or whatever, I've been doing something like:
Award 1, January 1, 2019
Award 2, June 3, 2018
Award 3, May 5, 2014
etc.

However, for one school, I looked at what the complete application would look like after submitting, and it got rid of all the line breaks so it was just Award 1, January 1, 2019 Award 2, June 3, 2018 Award 3, May 5, 2015 etc., but it looked pretty hard to read because it was a giant paragraph with a lot of dates and words, especially for the publication and poster citations.

So I guess my question is, did all the schools I submitted a secondary to do this, and do they even care? And if so, should I be changing my format for my few remaining secondaries so it is more readable in bock paragraph format? Though not sure how to do that exactly with citations...

Apologies for the neuroticism!
?????? Wouldn't the answer be specific to every school, depending on what platform they use for the secondaries and how it formats whatever you submit? In any event, since you can't see what it will look like BEFORE you submit, how are you supposed to control for this? I would guess if the school doesn't like the way it looks, they need to work with their programmers to fix it.

Odds are, though, they are seeing it in some online format that you cannot access, but that works for them. I honestly wouldn't worry about something like this that's beyond your control.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads