Does getting an invite for an interview at SCO mean anything?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

chicagotech

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am just wondering if they give out interviews to almost anyone, or does getting an invite mean that they have already reviewed your file and are seriously considering you as an applicant? I applied last night and already received an invite...

If an interview is extended, does your candidacy now only depend on how well you perform in the interview?

I am wondering because I had an interview at ICO, which went great, but was told a few days later that I am now on hold until I take more upper level science credits ( i am non-degree). I don't want to fly out to Memphis just to be told that I need to take more undergrad classes.
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I would recommend calling the admissions and talking to them over the phone. I went for an interview and they are very caring, I'm sure they will give you a better idea!
 
I currently attend SCO and would say that if you received an interview they usually are seriously considering you as a candidate. They do not offer interview invites prior if there is a discrepancy in your application with what they are looking for (good GPA, OAT, experience, etc) and would notify you if there is something they want you to work on before asking you to come all the way to campus to interview! Congrats and good luck!