Does Harvard screen secondaries?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

narla_hotep

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I applied to Harvard MD/PhD (which I am definitely NOT getting into, lol) and was verified weeks ago, but have not yet received a secondary... Even though the harvard med school website said they send out the links by email.

"All applicants who submit the AMCAS application will be eligible to file the HMS Supplemental Application. The link is e-mailed automatically to all AMCAS applicants who designate Harvard on the AMCAS form once the AMCAS application is verified." --Harvard Med website

And from the MD/PhD website... "Prepare secondary application sent to you by Harvard Medical School by October 24, 2016."

So... According to the website they do not screen secondaries, but I haven't received one. Would it be super weird to contact them and ask why I haven't gotten one? I don't want to seem desperate

Members don't see this ad.

The school specific thread says that this has happened to multiple applicants. There is apparently a problem with the application/email server at Harvard. I would call the admissions office if you can't find the secondary email in your spam folder.

Sent from my SM-N900T using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
No they do not screen. All verified applicants get a secondary.

I checked my spam folder but didn't find it in there... Guess I'll contact them within the next few days

Update: Actually got the secondary link this morning. There was a mix-up where some of the secondary invite emails hadn't initially been sent to students.

Update: Actually got the secondary link this morning. There was a mix-up where some of the secondary invite emails hadn't initially been sent to students.

Maybe they fixed the issue after seeing this thread?!