Does having an AA make a difference?

Started by littleclb
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

littleclb

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm currently a junior in high school. By the time I graduate, I will have completed all of the necessary prerequisites for schools I've been looking at. After numerous e-mails to most of them, I've yet to get a direct answer: Do I need to complete an AA?

I know that only some schools require a BA/BS and I assume that none care about an AA. I just don't want to find out that I need it or waste my time doing classes that I could care less about...
 
Personally... I don't think it matters a whole lot if any. But that's just my opinion...

I'd just focus on your pre-reqs and maintaining a competitive GPA.
 
I'm currently a junior in high school. By the time I graduate, I will have completed all of the necessary prerequisites for schools I've been looking at. After numerous e-mails to most of them, I've yet to get a direct answer: Do I need to complete an AA?

I know that only some schools require a BA/BS and I assume that none care about an AA. I just don't want to find out that I need it or waste my time doing classes that I could care less about...

AA makes no difference for pharmacy school. I conveniently attained an AS in Biology as a stepping stone for my BS and other than no, it doesn't worth much.