Does Interfolio store transcripts?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doctaroo

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I want to apply to some Caribbean schools and thought it might be cheaper to sent transcripts to Interfolio and then from there send out to 3 or 4 schools.

It costs $10 per transcript to send from my University. :scared:

Does Interfolio keep transcripts?

Members don't see this ad.

I want to apply to some Caribbean schools and thought it might be cheaper to sent transcripts to Interfolio and then from there send out to 3 or 4 schools.

It costs $10 per transcript to send from my University. :scared:

Does Interfolio keep transcripts?

If you look in the help section of Interfolio, they tell you how to request a transcript. So long as the school you're applying to is cool with it...you should be able to use them to store and send out transcripts.

From what I understand, the schools will want the transcript sent from your school anyway; they generally don't accept copies that are issued to anyone else.

Members don't see this ad :)
From what I understand, the schools will want the transcript sent from your school anyway; they generally don't accept copies that are issued to anyone else.

No, interfolio is accepted at just about every school. Some schools aren't set up to accept letters electronically so you'll have to have them mailed out.

No, interfolio is accepted at just about every school. Some schools aren't set up to accept letters electronically so you'll have to have them mailed out.

While Interfolio is accepted at just about every school for LORs, I'm not sure if that's also the case for transcripts. For one thing, Interfolio simply sends out copies of LORs that are sent to them, which is fine for LORs. But I believe schools want official copies of transcripts sealed in the school's envelope.

how do we know if the schools want an electronic copy or a real copy? should i just get my LORs to send interfolio a letter instead of type electronically?