Does it look wrong if I don’t have this LOR?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mooseforkicks

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I’m a non traditional applicant who graduated about 3 years ago. I served 1.5 terms with AmeriCorps after this (left early due to a fairly serious injury). For the last 10 months or so, I’ve worked as a CNA at a hospital.

I will have LORs from 2 science professors and 1 non science professor. I will also have letters from 2 AmeriCorps supervisors (one from my first term, another from the 6 months of my second term). I am confident that the LORs from these supervisors will be very strong.

I honestly don’t know my supervisor as a CNA all that well. I have good relationships with other CNAs and floor nurses, but I typically only briefly see the nurse manager of the unit. She is often very busy, and focuses more of her interactions with the nurses than the CNAs. I’ve done well in the job, but based on my lack of interaction with my supervisor, I don’t feel she knows me all that well. I would be less confident about the quality of this letter compared to the other letters I will have.

Would it look weird to AdComs if I didn’t have a LOR from my clinical experience?

Members don't see this ad.

I’m a non traditional applicant who graduated about 3 years ago. I served 1.5 terms with AmeriCorps after this (left early due to a fairly serious injury). For the last 10 months or so, I’ve worked as a CNA at a hospital.

I will have LORs from 2 science professors and 1 non science professor. I will also have letters from 2 AmeriCorps supervisors (one from my first term, another from the 6 months of my second term). I am confident that the LORs from these supervisors will be very strong.

I honestly don’t know my supervisor as a CNA all that well. I have good relationships with other CNAs and floor nurses, but I typically only briefly see the nurse manager of the unit. She is often very busy, and focuses more of her interactions with the nurses than the CNAs. I’ve done well in the job, but based on my lack of interaction with my supervisor, I don’t feel she knows me all that well. I would be less confident about the quality of this letter compared to the other letters I will have.

Would it look weird to AdComs if I didn’t have a LOR from my clinical experience?
No.

Reactions: 1 user
I don't think you need 2 letters from americorps. I think 1 would suffice.