Does it matter where you do your Masters for MD schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

james444770

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys,
I was wondering if someone could give me any advice regarding this topic. Recently I have been accepted into a DO school masters program and I am contemplating whether to go there or not. But still I would like to have a shot at MD schools after getting my masters. So therefore does anyone have any experience on this? The DO masters program offers 2 DO classes I believe and it also guarantees an interview if I maintain a 3.0 in the program. But at the same time, I am pondering whether I will get any attention from MD schools as well if I complete this Masters in Medical Sciences. Thanks in advance for any help.
 
Last edited:
Need a lot more information. What is your cGPA? sGPA? MCAT? Do you have any volunteering experience? Research experience? Is this an SMP? It doesn't sound like it. From what I know, a regular masters program does little in the way of GPA redemption.