Does it matter which interview date you choose?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

toothdds

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
If given quite a few interview dates by schools to choose from, is it better to choose one of the first ones or one of the last ones? Or does it not matter? Is it more so what works best for your schedule? I was thinking of choosing a November date close to my Thanksgiving holiday off so I don't have to miss classes, but that would mean passing up September and October dates. Is that okay?

Members don't see this ad.

I think some schools make decisions as they go along with interviews others wait till like end of November. You could search on SDN for each shcool to try to find out. I would personally choose earlier interviews to get it over with and to know I did them as early as possible. Most people miss school so you'll be able to talk to your professors and shouldn't be too worried about it. Ask good friend to take good notes whil you're gone and pick days when u don't have labs.

Reactions: 1 user
I think some schools make decisions as they go along with interviews others wait till like end of November. You could search on SDN for each shcool to try to find out. I would personally choose earlier interviews to get it over with and to know I did them as early as possible. Most people miss school so you'll be able to talk to your professors and shouldn't be too worried about it. Ask good friend to take good notes whil you're gone and pick days when u don't have labs.

Ok thank you so much, I also think too that if I maybe schedule an interview at the end I might leave a lasting impression before they make a decision December 1st too. Just thinking about it from both early and late perspectives

I liked getting mine done as early as possible. Another tip, if you have a #1 school, try to get a few interviews scheduled before that one if possible. I found the experience helpful.

I like your thought about experience. I might end up choosing a later date to gain that experience.