Does it matter...?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

anesthesiaguy

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys, I am a MS IV planning on applying to anesthesiology later this year. My board scores are above the national average in general and for anesthesiology. My 3rd year rotations were mainly high passes with 2 satisfactory pass and 1 honors and I just recently got a high pass on my anesthesiology elective/clerkship. I have done research during my medical school and have a couple of abstracts published. Here is my question: is high pass a good grade in anesthesiology especially if that is what I want to do? Does it matter if I did not get honors in it? Also does it sound like I am a competitive applicant? I really appreciate your guys' time and effort. Goodluck to everyone applying this year. See you guys around.
 
okay. i have been getting some pms and notice the freaking out about match posts are beginning. i can relate as i was there last year, but seriously calm down.

to all you msIVs out there: you are all overthinking this whole process. they are not likely to look at the minutia of your application. if you have decent scores, decent grades, do an away or two with some dedication, interview at about ten programs (some reaches and some safeties) and interview half decently you all will match and most will match high on their rank list. best of luck guys!
 
okay. i have been getting some pms and notice the freaking out about match posts are beginning. i can relate as i was there last year, but seriously calm down.

to all you msIVs out there: you are all overthinking this whole process. they are not likely to look at the minutia of your application. if you have decent scores, decent grades, do an away or two with some dedication, interview at about ten programs (some reaches and some safeties) and interview half decently you all will match and most will match high on their rank list. best of luck guys!

I appreciate the advice and the reassuring words. I have to admit I am totally struggling maintaining sanity and not freaking out. Its hard to not worry about the strength of your app. Sometimes I wish I was narcissistic...🙄