Does it really take this long?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Coltuna

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was under the impression I would be early in the cycle by having primaries sent out in early August. Little did I know that some schools take up to 2 weeks to send out secondaries, there's often a 1-2 week delay between submitting said secondaries and even receiving word that they were received, and another 1-6 week wait between that and final review... Am I actually late?

Members don't see this ad.

I was under the impression I would be early in the cycle by having primaries sent out in early August. Little did I know that some schools take up to 2 weeks to send out secondaries, there's often a 1-2 week delay between submitting said secondaries and even receiving word that they were received, and another 1-6 week wait between that and final review... Am I actually late?

Patience is a virtue, the need for instant gratification is not.

Schools stratify the apps as they come in and don't send out IIs merely in chronological order.

We haven't even come to Labor Day! Allow some people time to come back from their summer vacation.

Reactions: 1 users
Patience is a virtue, the need for instant gratification is not.

Writing this on my whiteboard at home. I'll be sure to quote you.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
How about you go try and read through a few thousand applications in a matter of weeks? Admissions people take this seriously and try to genuinely get people they think will be a good fit, it really does take a while.

How about you go try and read through a few thousand applications in a matter of weeks? Admissions people take this seriously and try to genuinely get people they think will be a good fit, it really does take a while.
Sometimes I forget that this is a human process.

Reactions: 1 user
Sometimes I forget that this is a human process.

It's easy to do honestly. You totally forget that other people are even applying until you show up to an interview and other people are there