Coltuna

5+ Year Member
Nov 2, 2015
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I was under the impression I would be early in the cycle by having primaries sent out in early August. Little did I know that some schools take up to 2 weeks to send out secondaries, there's often a 1-2 week delay between submitting said secondaries and even receiving word that they were received, and another 1-6 week wait between that and final review... Am I actually late?

Jun 11, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
I was under the impression I would be early in the cycle by having primaries sent out in early August. Little did I know that some schools take up to 2 weeks to send out secondaries, there's often a 1-2 week delay between submitting said secondaries and even receiving word that they were received, and another 1-6 week wait between that and final review... Am I actually late?

Patience is a virtue, the need for instant gratification is not.

Schools stratify the apps as they come in and don't send out IIs merely in chronological order.

We haven't even come to Labor Day! Allow some people time to come back from their summer vacation.

Reactions: 1 users
About the Ads
A

AnatomyGrey12

How about you go try and read through a few thousand applications in a matter of weeks? Admissions people take this seriously and try to genuinely get people they think will be a good fit, it really does take a while.

Coltuna

5+ Year Member
Nov 2, 2015
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
How about you go try and read through a few thousand applications in a matter of weeks? Admissions people take this seriously and try to genuinely get people they think will be a good fit, it really does take a while.
Sometimes I forget that this is a human process.

Reactions: 1 user
About the Ads
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.