Does Kaplan book prepare you well for math?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DownonthePharm

Chillin' n Fillin'
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Not including the calculus parts of the exam, but does the Kaplan book cover most everything that you will need to know for the PCAT?

:scared: Math without a calculator! :scared:

Members don't see this ad.

There was more Calculus in the PCAT than I had expected. Kaplan did not include revisions for the Calculus section in their 2004-2005 edition, but they have them now. Be sure to go over that, or at least your old notes. There were a good number of graphs, and you need to know what the equation of that graph is, and there were also long problems where you need to figure out what a certian variable is (i.e. x).

kayjay said:
There was more Calculus in the PCAT than I had expected. Kaplan did not include revisions for the Calculus section in their 2004-2005 edition, but they have them now. Be sure to go over that, or at least your old notes. There were a good number of graphs, and you need to know what the equation of that graph is, and there were also long problems where you need to figure out what a certian variable is (i.e. x).

are you referring to their updates on the kaplan website?
and do they have questions on only simple derivatives? Or integrals as well?

FungManX said:
are you referring to their updates on the kaplan website?
and do they have questions on only simple derivatives? Or integrals as well?

Don't know if their updates are on the Kaplan website, or if a cd-rom is included in the newer version of the book. All I know is that there are updates which include calculus.

I would say there are integral questions in there as well as derivatives.