does Kaplan class for PCAT help?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

browneyesbear

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am thinking to take Kaplan class for PCAT. I don't know if it is helpful. Anyone knows?

Thank you
 
Last edited:
Depends on your personality. If you are self-motivated then no, just buy the books.

Also, it's hard to say- bit of a crapshoot in terms of which teachers you get.
 
I took general bio and chem 3 years ago. I took orgo and micro bio last year. I am taking anatomy and physiology right now.

I feel I don't remember a lot of the stuff from general bio. I thought it might be a good idea to take the class. Do you think self-study will be good enough?

p.s. Even though I am not good at self-motivating, $1400 and the goal of getting into pharmacy school will be a good motivator for me. 😛

Thank you for your time replying.
 
if you have the $ then go for it. It can't hurt you, unless you become laxed because you're in a class and don't study outside of class. Everyone's situation is different. I have all the books and have already taken an mcat class from Princeton so I know that self study is best for me.
 
They provide a TON of resources that helped me a lot. However, I thought the teacher sucked. He was an undergraduate senior who just happened to score above the 90th percentile and took the kaplan course himself. The class was just going through pcat workbook and problems. It was nice overall because it gave me a great opportunity to meet people going through the same as me and form study groups. I wish more pre-pharmacy schools offered classes like this for their students.