DianaLynne

Catwoman!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 12, 2004
Ann Arbor, MI
Status
I was under the impression that schools had to have their classes filled by March 15th. Except for Yale, which sends out its stuff on the 22nd. Oh, and Cornell, who's sending their acceptances out all month. Did I just imagine that I heard that schools had that deadline? If I haven't heard by then, am I just waiting for the rejection or at best a waitlist?

trouta

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 3, 2002
Seattle, WA
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
May 15 is the day that really matters. That is when students have to release all of the excess acceptances they are hoarding. Thats more likely when you will know where you actually stand.

Psycho Doctor

*** Angel
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 27, 2004
Status
Medical Student
Isn't March 15th the Ides of March and two days before St Patty's Day? otherwise it doesn't mean much. :D

rpkall

Darwin Award Winner
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 26, 2004
Status
I think it was the day Brutus betrayed Caesar, Judas betrayed Jesus, or something else historically wonky.

ZAZA67401

10+ Year Member
Mar 7, 2005
Miami
Status
I think their are a lot or rumors out there...I wouldn't trust any of them...medical school is very competitive and lots of very competitive people and it being so important to each of us to go to medical school, creates rumors and false expectations, etc.

leechy

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 3, 2004
Status
Hey, is March 15 the day on which all schools know the other schools to which you've been accepted? Or is that April 15th? I read their website and it wasn't clear to me.

CanIMakeIt

It will get better once you are...still waiting :)
15+ Year Member
Oct 8, 2003
Status
Attending Physician
Directly from AAMC website:

By March 30 of the matriculation year, each school have issued a number of offers of acceptance at least equal to the expected number of students in its first-year entering class and have reported those acceptance actions to the AAMC Section for Medical School Application Services.

OP
DianaLynne

DianaLynne

Catwoman!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 12, 2004
Ann Arbor, MI
Status
Oh, it's March 30th! That makes much more sense. But, arrgh! Now there's more waiting! :scared:

N-toxicologist

the accidental tourist
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2004
cast in this unlikely role
Status
Jody Sadler said:
my birthday and the ides of march in which Caeser was betrayed
you too? :)

indo

Feed me a stray cat
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 28, 2002
www.mcw.edu
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Psycho Doctor said:
Isn't March 15th the Ides of March and two days before St Patty's Day? otherwise it doesn't mean much. :D

I'll drink to that.