Does marrying a URM make me a URM?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You become a single mother? :confused:

oh-no-you-didnt-funny.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
5 star thread, will read to grandchildren.

She could get some pink colored contacts and say she's albino.

LOL recoveryexpert is the best troll ever. Her threads deliver :thumbup:

If you are good enough with makeup you might be able to pull it off, just make sure you get your hands and neck too. :p

Members don't see this ad :)
I was thinking more along the lines of the blackface episode of It's Always Sunny...

Haven't read the book they mentioned and I try to stay away from that show. Like The Office it just reminds me how *****ic some people can truly be.

Haven't read the book they mentioned and I try to stay away from that show. Like The Office it just reminds me how *****ic some people can truly be.

This post is full of lose.

This post is full of lose.

I concur, I like both of those shows, though the Office has been slacking a bit as of late...But I wouldn't say *****ic, especially the older episodes of the Office that were loaded with plays on words and subtle humor.

my SO and my (future) kids are URM. i'm so jealous.

I concur, I like both of those shows, though the Office has been slacking a bit as of late...But I wouldn't say *****ic, especially the older episodes of the Office that were loaded with plays on words and subtle humor.

It's just a personal feeling of the show. I don't like comedy when it comes into just people being stupid. I like clever comedy. It at least how I see it clever comedy. The office and iasip just rub me the wrong way. :oops:

Stanley: Michael, don't listen to them.
Michael: Thank you, Stanley.
Stanley: You just ignore their carping.
Michael: Ok.
Dwight: Michael.
Michael: Yes?
Dwight: A carp is both a fish and a term for complaining. They're mocking you with wordplay.

It's just a personal feeling of the show. I don't like comedy when it comes into just people being stupid. I like clever comedy. It at least how I see it clever comedy. The office and iasip just rub me the wrong way. :oops:

Always Sunny is funny and not just people being stupid.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ar9spNzOFPk[/YOUTUBE]

I actually think it takes intelligence to write these types of comedies. You wouldn't say 30 Rock or Arrested Development is just people being stupid, though a large part of the time they are being stupid.

This one might be better. I don't have speakers on this comp.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZ1lc6KASWg&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Sorry that doesn't really appeal to me. I guess in my defense I really don't watch tv (don't own one poor student) and when I do watch shows it's usually formula 1, some other kind of racing, top gear, and thats really about it.

You could possible have a better shot at getting into Historical Black medical school, if your husband is black.

I met this Iranian guy in one of my classes and he told me he married a Hispanic girl so that he could take up a Hispanic last name and apply as an URM.

Hey man, don't be jealous because you didn't think of it first. Now stop trying to bring her down. I will not stand for the negativity coming from - scoff - pre-meds, and unjustly directed at a person with a perfectly legitimate, and in addition intelligent, question.

Then explain to me how it will "work out".

Hey man, don't be jealous because you didn't think of it first. Now stop trying to bring her down. I will not stand for the negativity coming from - scoff - pre-meds, and unjustly directed at a person with a perfectly legitimate, and in addition intelligent, question.

Maybe you are trolling because even the adcoms are joining in the laughter.

OP, don't you dare listen to these haters. They are ignorant pre-meds and they don't know the minds of adcoms. If they knew what they were talking about they'd be in med school. Here's what I want you to do -

1)Apply for URM status.
2) When questioned about it, tell them, as you've told us, that you are indeed entitled to list URM status due to the above reasons. Please explain in depth, and feel free to throw in that genius line you just posted about residency, which I take to mean citizenship and which is totally the exact same thing as race.

Then, when you get accepted post here and rub it in the faces of all who said it was a bad idea. Bonus points if this thread is more than two years old.

Thank you, I seriously don't know why these guys above think my reasoning is insane.....

Please seriously stop! Your ignorance is starting to make me angry. How on Gods green earth would you expect to be considered URM if your boyfriend is black or hispanic, or whatever other URM classification there is out there, and you are white? You do realize what they are trying to do by recruiting more URM right? They are trying to create diversity in the hospital. If you are white, and are trying to be classified as black, good luck.

You should bring it up in an interview and let it be known that you are an URM because you married one and see what happens. Really just think about what you are saying. And you keep trying to justify yourself and your reasoning. This is not "messed up". If you are not born as an URM, why would you expect to be classified as one? You expect the status to just be handed over to you because "its not fair"? GOSH SERIOUSLY!! You cant be serious!! Please just stop justifying yourself.

On the same line, if you are not born american, why should you be naturalized as such by marrying a citizen duh??????????????????????????????????????

I don't mean to be that person, but how has this thread not been closed yet?

Have I encountered some IASIP bashing??

[YOUTUBE]DgxyWMn7SHg[/YOUTUBE]

holy crap, i didn't realize OP was trollest of the trolls!

Dude.... No. Always Sunny is awesome, nuff said.

Funniest thread in a long time, 9/10 OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.