Does new DAT score get reported even after submitting app?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

planisphere

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I already have one score. I am applying this summer, but I am thinking of retaking but am afraid I might get lower.

If I retake after submission, does the new score automatically get reported to schools to see as soon as I retake? I want to submit the new score only if it is higher than the one I wrote on the application.

Members don't see this ad.

I already have one score. I am applying this summer, but I am thinking of retaking but am afraid I might get lower.

If I retake after submission, does the new score automatically get reported to schools to see as soon as I retake? I want to submit the new score only if it is higher than the one I wrote on the application.
I think this answers your question and is in the 2022 DAT Guide.

At the time of application, candidates are asked to select schools and/or programs to receive official results. In so
doing, candidates grant DTS permission to release official results to these schools. Results will be released only
upon authorization, or by decision of the Examination Program in accordance with Examination Program policies
(e.g., in the case of irregularities or falsification of information). Official results are reported electronically within
three to four weeks of the testing date to the selected schools and will be posted to the candidate’s My Account
page at ADA.org/DAT. If a candidate has tested more than once, a history of all testing attempts is reported."

I have attached the DAT Guide for you to reference.
Nancy

Attachments

• 2022 dat guide.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 99
I think this answers your question and is in the 2022 DAT Guide.

At the time of application, candidates are asked to select schools and/or programs to receive official results. In so
doing, candidates grant DTS permission to release official results to these schools. Results will be released only
upon authorization, or by decision of the Examination Program in accordance with Examination Program policies
(e.g., in the case of irregularities or falsification of information). Official results are reported electronically within
three to four weeks of the testing date to the selected schools and will be posted to the candidate’s My Account
page at ADA.org/DAT. If a candidate has tested more than once, a history of all testing attempts is reported."

I have attached the DAT Guide for you to reference.
Nancy
:cryi: oh well..thank you again Nancy

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes we see all your scores, and new ones are sent to us within a month after you take the exam (see the DAT guide reference).
Thanks for your expert advice! Everything needed is in the DAT Guide but I find a lot of students most fail to read it.

Reactions: 1 user