Does obtaining a minor matter?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DentLA

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am interested in possibly obtaining a minor in art with an emphasis in sculpture. I am going for a biology major. Will obtaining a minor set me apart at all when applying for dental school? I don't want to have to take extra classes that won't help me obtain my goal of getting accepted to dental school.

Members don't see this ad.

GPA, DAT and extracurriculars matter more than a minor. If you're still interested in the minor, then by all means go for it.. But i would focus on unique experiences, volunteering and shadowing.

GPA, DAT and extracurriculars matter more than a minor. If you're still interested in the minor, then by all means go for it.. But i would focus on unique experiences, volunteering and shadowing.
What extracurriculars can help or look good on a resume?

Every University loves community service. There's a ton of fun opportunities if you dig around. I've volunteered at soup kitchens, homeless shelters, local community clean ups, etc and they're all a blast. In the end, adcom just wants to know that you are an upstanding well-rounded individual.