• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Site Updates Coming Soon

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Does online research count?

JKiran

Jun 5, 2020
  1. Pre-Medical
Hi! Recently, I've been part of an international project as a student researcher to gather articles of my interest and post about it. The project's goal to be an informational hub for teachers around the world, and it's under the management of a professor. As a student without any other research, would this be considered as research even though it's not in the traditional lab setting? I have been so far enjoying reading and bringing exposure to relevant public health topics, so I'm confused if this is non-clinical volunteering or research.

Upvote 0

LizzyM

the evil queen of numbers
15+ Year Member
Mar 7, 2005
  1. Academic Administration
It is non-clinical volunteering.

Research can be defined as systematic observations designed to develop new knowledge. You are not developing or testing a hypothesis or even doing exploratory work aimed at later developing a hypothesis to be tested. There is no new knowledge if all you are doing is gathering previously published material and making it available to others.

Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0
About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.