Does Optometry School Matter? (Berkeley)

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KimNguyen19866

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am from the state of texas and was wondering if I should go to houston optometry or berkeley optometry. I have a 3.9 and 380 OAT so I believe I have a chance of getting into either. I'm pretty easy going so I can live anywhere, so city is not a big deal to me. I'm more worried about when i'm done w/ optometry school. Will going to berkley make it easier for me to find a job, get paid higher, have more patients(b/c of the name)? Or would it be better to go to Houston and save the tuition money to help open an office? I believe school is an investment, would going to berkley be a better investment financially or houston?

Members don't see this ad.

I am from the state of texas and was wondering if I should go to houston optometry or berkeley optometry. I have a 3.9 and 380 OAT so I believe I have a chance of getting into either. I'm pretty easy going so I can live anywhere, so city is not a big deal to me. I'm more worried about when i'm done w/ optometry school. Will going to berkley make it easier for me to find a job, get paid higher, have more patients(b/c of the name)? Or would it be better to go to Houston and save the tuition money to help open an office? I believe school is an investment, would going to berkley be a better investment financially or houston?

It doesn't matter where you get your degree. What matters is how you can relate to patients. You'll learn that wherever you go, so pick the school that a) makes you happy and b) costs less.

It doesn't matter where you get your degree. What matters is how you can relate to patients. You'll learn that wherever you go, so pick the school that a) makes you happy and b) costs less.

Thank you for the reply.

Members don't see this ad :)
More comments from optometrists would be very grateful

To the OP:

Please either PM or e-mail me.

Rosanna

I would only care if you went to Indiana because it's the bestest school in the world and I went there. Past that, I couldn't care less.

It might matter if you wanted to work for a specific doctor, in which case go to the school they went to. All the doctors I worked for didn't care about the school (aside from PCO cause its the school they went to and the school I go to and the best school in the whole wide world) Just kidding :love: Go wheres cheapest!!!