Does peds care more about clerkship grades than other specialties

Started by hate2wait
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

hate2wait

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Unfortunately the weakest point of my application will be my third year grades - completely due to shelf scores, with strong positive comments from people I worked with. I'm doing what I can to fix that, retaking one and trying to ace the next few. My question is, now that I'm thinking pediatrics, will this be a bigger problem going into peds than other specialties? My preliminary search makes it sound like peds care more about these grades than perhaps other specialties, which can be more competitive. My Step I was fine, not great. Any advice for me aside from acing Step II to show I can take tests?
Thanks