Does Psychobiology count as BCPM?

Started by futuregyn
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

futuregyn

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know if a class like "Psychobiological Aspects of Drugs" would count as BCPM? It's from the psychobiology department

This is the course description is "Focuses on pharmacology, neurophysiology and neuroanatomy as the foundation of understanding behavior and social consequences of drug use."
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know if a class like "Psychobiological Aspects of Drugs" would count as BCPM? It's from the psychobiology department

This is the course description is "Focuses on pharmacology, neurophysiology and neuroanatomy as the foundation of understanding behavior and social consequences of drug use."

So my major includes neuroscience courses under the psych department because of how my major is set up. The classes that counted for me as BCPM were clearly labeled in the course title. For example “Psych ### - Behavioral Neuroscience” counted, but “Psych### - Psych of addiction” did not. I think as long as it alludes to the fact that it’s a science course, you should be okay.
 
Sounds like BCPM.

I would claim it as BCPM and see if they change it. If it's not, no harm done - the AMCAS staff will just revert it to non-BCPM.

So my major includes neuroscience courses under the psych department because of how my major is set up. The classes that counted for me as BCPM were clearly labeled in the course title. For example “Psych ### - Behavioral Neuroscience” counted, but “Psych### - Psych of addiction” did not. I think as long as it alludes to the fact that it’s a science course, you should be okay.


I already applied, I'm taking this during my application cycle, so it's more for like update letters to show like I can handle science courses (since my sGPA is kinda low), so I guess my question is, will adcom see this as science?